WHY did you do MATHS in the FIRST PLACE? (1 Viewer)

why did YOU do maths in the first place???? ... main reason....

• Because I figured I kicked ass in it!

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Because I enjoy it!

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Because I kick ass and enjoy it too!

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Because the courses I want to do in my tertiary studies require maths

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Because if you don't do maths, you'll get no where in life!

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I needed to fill up units!

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
i vant to be like zehr regenbogen , smart , sexy and very robust...

oh yea and good at maths

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
In year 11... I dropped all three units of maths down to NO MATHS whatsoever on the basis that I hated it.

Considering I had Band 6 in the School Cert, and I had got great awards in Mathematics, I just want to know if I had done something stupid as to drop maths completely simply because I didn't enjoy it despite talent.

So lets see why the rest of you kept maths for...
well thing is, I spent my yr 8 hols doing yr 9 work so I could accelerate a year in maths.
I went down in English in yr 10 so I figured I had to stay on for something.
Another thing I'm not all that crash a 3 u student but if I hadn't done 3 u I would have stuffed 2 u seeing how they make the exam harder than the schoolwork.
So now I'm a 4 u student. lucky, lucky me.

astro

HSC
maths is easily my worst subject - worst by far...but i suppose i do it because i want a change from the essays....and the fact that it's assumed knowlegde for the uni courses i'm working towards....

i envy all those who can do 3, esp 4 unit maths...
jeez, this is the first time (i think) i've posted in any of the maths forums and already i feel intimidated....

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
we read a picture book for 4u maths today, that was fun. Introduction into Complex numbers.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
why i chose maths?

its pretty easy most of the time, i also selected it bcause i consider it to be a good-value subject which is 'fair' as if you put the work in, you get the results out, unlike english where i can work my ass off and still do crap.

Assasinator_2

HSC
Maths rules, rivalled only by physics

And besides, I'm smart, thus the high-end maths acutally makes me stay awake for 5 seconds, instead of 2.

veridis

droog
HSC
i do maths because my school wont let me drop it. damn my liking for physics. they said if i dropped maths all together i'd have to drop phys too. they also tried to stop me dropping ext maths but i told them bluntly i wasnt doing ext so i just sit in a 3u class doing 2u work. not too bad considering series and integration are the only topics i actualy have to learn for this year and the rest is revision. also 2 units of work over 3 units time is quite relaxing.

in other news i'm not surprised to see estel lurking round the maths boards. looks likes i've found you out david =)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Assasinator_2 said:
Maths rules, rivalled only by physics

And besides, I'm smart, thus the high-end maths acutally makes me stay awake for 5 seconds, instead of 2.
Hahaha you only say that cause you're not doing gay HSC physics:(

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HSC 2 unit maths has more physics than the HSC physics course!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Not really. Just more calculations the theoretical side of physics (which is sparse in HSC physics) still brings it out ahead. Maths Extension on the other hand, or Engineering Studies (which contains information that is in the VCE Phsyics such as material properties) contains a fair bit more.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i don't hate maths... however halfway thru year 11 another class merged into 2 others.... ours being one of them.... so a small class of 11 ppl became a large class of 24... and a lot of those ppl were noisy and distractive.... stressed our teacher out heaps

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
i don't hate maths... however halfway thru year 11 another class merged into 2 others.... ours being one of them.... so a small class of 11 ppl became a large class of 24... and a lot of those ppl were noisy and distractive.... stressed our teacher out heaps
thats what happened to us when our class got combined with 4u students

this also meant our class average for every assesment was pretty high...damn 4u people :p

Lallie

i did maths cos i wasn't sure what i wanted to do at uni and i wanted to keep my options open. i did 3u cos i thought it would help me get a good uai. pity i didn't realise that to do well in 3 u i would have to work until i got into the exam and discovered i knew nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)