Why do Africans have babies when they obviously don't have the means to support them? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
Seriously, I'm not being at all racist here! I love everyone.

My question is: Why do people in Africa breed when they so obviously don't have enough to support themselves?

I've always wondered this when I see those WorldVision ads on TV.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Re: Why do Africans have babies when they obviously don't have the means to support t

The more children you have, the more likely one of them will live long enough to contribute to the household income.

Also, lack of contraception.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
Re: Why do Africans have babies when they obviously don't have the means to support t

scarybunny said:
The more children you have, the more likely one of them will live long enough to contribute to the household income.

Also, lack of contraception.
Oh, so it's a way for the parents to ensure they have someone to look after them when they age?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
Oh, so it's a way for the parents to ensure they have someone to look after them when they age?
That's a part of it, I think.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC

Exphate said:
Same could be said of Bogans.
hahahahahahaaha yepp

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC

scarybunny said:
That's a part of it, I think.
So, the children are sort of like assets?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC

what i wanna know is how they have the energy. sex is effort.
do they know all different positions you reckon?

anyway i'm pretty sure lack of contraception and knowledge.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC

housah0lic said:
what i wanna know is how they have the energy. sex is effort.
do they know all different positions you reckon?

anyway i'm pretty sure lack of contraception and knowledge.
I think, with Africans, it's just get in, man blows, women covers back up, and they just get back to hunting.

Also, of course they have the knowledge! Half their fucking country have STDs!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
So, the children are sort of like assets?
Entirely. All throughout human agricultural history, children are an asset because the more hands you have, the less effort it takes to farm/the more efficiently it can be done.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC

you'd be suprised doc chau love.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
I think, with Africans, it's just get in, man blows, women covers back up, and they just get back to hunting.

Also, of course they have the knowledge! Half their fucking country have STDs!
Unfortunately the major religions there (Islam, Catholicism and various paganistic, shamanistic and animistic 'religions') discourage condoms. Catholic leaders even go so far as to say that condoms cause HIV/AIDS. It's pretty sad, really.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC

Kwayera said:
Entirely. All throughout human agricultural history, children are an asset because the more hands you have, the less effort it takes to farm/the more efficiently it can be done.
That's a little fucked up.

However, lets say that the kids get to work at about age 6. Wouldn't the effort and cost of raising the baby till that age be overwhelming and not worth it?

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC

Kwayera said:
Unfortunately the major religions there (Islam, Catholicism and various paganistic, shamanistic and animistic 'religions') discourage condoms. Catholic leaders even go so far as to say that condoms cause HIV/AIDS. It's pretty sad, really.
That is really sad. Surely if WorldVision spent the donations it recieves on sex education programs and condoms, people would become more educated on the issue, and stop having babies.

I think that they do it for the fun of it. Seriously, there's nothing better to do.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
That's a little fucked up.

However, lets say that the kids get to work at about age 6. Wouldn't the effort and cost of raising the baby till that age be overwhelming and not worth it?
Not really, in both cases. Why wouldn't you have more kids to work the farm, and to leave to when you retire? It makes sense.

And kids aren't that hard to keep, if you're living on a farm.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
That is really sad. Surely if WorldVision spent the donations it recieves on sex education programs and condoms, people would become more educated on the issue, and stop having babies.

I think that they do it for the fun of it. Seriously, there's nothing better to do.
I think you're really, really naive about the world.

The countries there that discourage condoms also discourage charities from performing sex education. Education is a factor indeed, but somewhat of an unattainable one currently in many African countries where starvation and disease is a much more current threat.

tau281290

HSC

I think it is because African societies holds values in an old patriarchal society where men dominate women. Men just want pleasure from their wives. Women are too submissive to resist. Little do they know about the knowledge most of the world does - contraception and STD. Also adding to the fact that their lives are not as competitive as advanced civilisations. There is little motivation to suceed in life. So men just get more and more sex simply because it is fun. Furthermore, they don't know how to learn from history. They still never learn after seeing so many of their people contracting AIDS.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
Apparently a while ago america donated all these condoms to African nations, and they stapled a piece of paper to them to show the Africans how to use them.

Needless to say, they didnt work.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

tau281290 said:
I think it is because African societies holds values in an old patriarchal society where men dominate women. Men just want pleasure from their wives. Women are too submissive to resist. Little do they know about the knowledge most of the world does - contraception and STD. Also adding to the fact that their lives are not as competitive as advanced civilisations. There is little motivation to suceed in life. So men just get more and more sex simply because it is fun. Furthermore, they don't know how to learn from history. They still never learn after seeing so many of their people contracting AIDS.
Well that's more than a little racist.

You're correct about the patriarchal societies, but that's not the whole issue. I mean, people in the freaking US don't use condoms half the time because "they're against God" or they're simply not educated about it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Dr.Chau said:
I doubt that, since they only live to about 40.

Not sure how they manage to have sex though, since sex drive is a luxury your body shuts off when malnourished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)