Why do girls wear make-up? (1 Viewer)

Why do girls wear make-up?

• For confidence.

Votes: 63 48.1%
  • Coz dey skanky hoes.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Because they are inspired by images in the media.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other. (Comment)

Votes: 25 19.1%

• Total voters

boris

Banned
HSC
range of reasons

- concealment of flaws
- enhancement of aesthetics
- peer pressure
- media designed ideals of what looks pretty

CurlyRuby

HSC
Because underneath the makeup we all actually have scaly green skin.

HSC
idk, i think it's gross when chicks overdo it, but a little bit can make you look heaps better or whatever

WannaBang?

HSC
katietheskatie said:
idk, i think it's gross when chicks overdo it, but a little bit can make you look heaps better or whatever
yeah, it makes me look heaps better when I put it on.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
It makes us look pretty when its not over the top. I think, when you can notice it - it looks bad. But it can make you look pretty. Not that girls don't look pretty with out it of course. And it drags your confidence down when you have gross visible pimples.

WannaBang?

HSC
Rockyroad said:
It makes us look pretty when its not over the top. I think, when you can notice it - it looks bad. But it can make you look pretty. Not that girls don't look pretty with out it of course. And it drags your confidence down when you have gross visible pimples.
boys have gross visible pimples and we don't pile on the makeup. Why?

Skeeta

HSC
I have makeup addictions. I wouldnt say I wear ALOT of makeup (plus mines usually nartural anyway) but 9 times out of 10 i wear it. Makes me feel better and more presentable. Just like you feel better when you've got a nice hairdo on your head. It actually stems more from when I had really awful sensitive skin and couldnt do anything with it, so now i like being able to play with it

HSC
i could go without makeup, i wear it occasionally.
generally ill do it coz i feel like it.
or to detract from signs of major sleep deprivation after an almost all-nighter.

but the majority of the time i dont wear it.

WannaBang?

HSC
katietheskatie said:
because it's socially unacceptable, sucks to be you guys

i wear makeup.

CONTROVERSY!!!

J/k, I don't wear makeup, my skin is pretty as is.

boris

Banned
HSC
i wear a light foundation coz my skin is pretty good, and other than that i just wear eyeliner and mascara to work

i dont really give a shit if i go out in public without makeup though

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Most of the time, we are wearing eyeliner, mascara, foundation etc, and you don't even know.

WannaBang?

HSC
boris said:
i wear a light foundation coz my skin is pretty good, and other than that i just wear eyeliner and mascara to work

i dont really give a shit if i go out in public without makeup though
mascara gets a little messy though so I prefer to restrict myself to foundation ONLY.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I just like makeup? Its something I've liked playing with since I was fairly young.
I just prefer how I look with it on, to without it- i.e. I need it cause I hate my eyelashes, lol.
And my skin could be better =)

That's all really. I don't think it's cause I want to look like any media representation of pretty, I just like how I look/feel when I wear it?
And I do it for me, not to impress/appeal to anyone else =)
Yay for being able to be girly.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I wear mascara just coz I like the look of it, and a bit of blush because i've got dark brown (pretty much black) hair and relatively light skin and want to avoid looking goth or emo. Also, foundation and concealer when ive got a zit, but ive generally got good skin, so 90% of the time I dont bother.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
theres this english teacher at my school who claims to be a feminist, but she wears enough makeup to clearly see where the the makeup beings and her skin ends. It's freaky.

sca

HSC
If I'm going out somewhere nice, or to a job interview, or sometimes even to work (now that I'm dealing with people a lot) I wear make-up.

However I never wear make up casually, parties etc included. No foundation, no eyeliner, no mascara, no lip gloss, nothing.

I think most other girls wear it for confidence as they believe it makes them look better (some for good reason, others because they're deluded).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)