Why do i do so bad in prac / open book exams? (1 Viewer)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
My marks in these kind of exams drag me down .... I study for prac exams by writing out the prac and some research on it and i still i get kinda shiity marks; rank near bottom 10 ish. Is this a good approach when studying prac exams?

Thanks in advance,

HSC
My marks in these kind of exams drag me down .... I study for prac exams by writing out the prac and some research on it and i still i get kinda shiity marks; rank near bottom 10 ish. Is this a good approach when studying prac exams?

Thanks in advance,
the best way is to be a genius and just ace it.

I hardly did anything for practical exams ( in terms of study ) , because really the study doesnt help you, its all about knowing just basic experimental design, the sections of the experiment report ( ie aim, hypothesis, equipment , method, discussion , conclusion etc ) and what independant/dependant variables are, and the diff between accuracy / reliability/ validity. Then you just need to know how to make changes to experiemnts to make them more accurate/valid/reliable

its the easiest marks u will ever get

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
It's a PRAC, therefore, logic dictates that you must PRACtice the motions inherent to said prac examination, and thus, thou shalt not fail.

beardedwoman

HSC
I hardly did anything for practical exams ( in terms of study ) , because really the study doesnt help you, its all about knowing just basic experimental design, the sections of the experiment report ( ie aim, hypothesis, equipment , method, discussion , conclusion etc ) and what independant/dependant variables are, and the diff between accuracy / reliability/ validity. Then you just need to know how to make changes to experiemnts to make them more accurate/valid/reliable
this!!!!!! Ask your teacher to go through all of these terms with you if you don't know them already, it'll be super helpful.

Also, it's probably good to have a structured discussion, so ask your teacher how they like it set out (e.g. talking about how the experiment was carried out first and the possible dangers maybe and how it was addressed, the variables/accuracy/validity/reliability, the negatives of the experiment like reliability or accuracy or possible dangers that were not addressed and then into how to improve such drawbacks - e.g. repeating the experiment, having a better way of reducing oxygen in a fermentation experiment, using a digital balance scale, using a heating plate/water bath instead of a bunsen burner's naked flame etc.).

also know your calculations and formulas, as well as certain rules, like for chem you might need to know how to identify all the ions (though you need this in theory work anyway).

One thing that helps is keeping your practical experiment write-ups separate from your theory work so you can easily go through them if you have a practical examination.

Last edited:

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
the best way is to be a genius and just ace it.

its the easiest marks u will ever get
the thing that gets me in these pracs is that teacher marks so f***ing hard on those verbs !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)