• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

WHY DO PEOPLE CRY ABOUT UNSW TRIMESTERS (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

HSC
NORMAL UNI IS 4 COURESE IN 15 WEEKS SO 3.75 WEEKS PER COURSE
UNW IS 3 PER 10 WEEKS SO 3.33 WEEKS PER COURSE WHICH IS SLIGHTLY LESS BUT OVERALL IT IS PRETTY SIMILAR U JUST LEARN THE CONTENT AT A FASTER RATE BECAYSE U HAVELESSCONTENTTOLEARNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

carrotsss

HSC
uni isnt hsc tho ur just doing a few exams at the end of every term where if u just study a bit consistently u shoudl do decently unless u wanna ge tlike 90 wam thats different
yeah it’s def not excessive work even for a 90 wam but nonetheless you’re still going through 3 exam periods and whole terms where realistically you probably didn’t study enough during the term versus 2 at usyd, even if u have less subjects it’s still a lot. also they have short breaks at inconvenient times

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
UNW IS 3 PER 10 WEEKS SO 3.33 WEEKS PER COURSE WHICH IS SLIGHTLY LESS BUT OVERALL IT IS PRETTY SIMILAR U JUST LEARN THE CONTENT AT A FASTER RATE BECAYSE U HAVELESSCONTENTTOLEARNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
I mentioned this in another thread but for a lot of the heavy subjects especially for stem trimesters can be pretty tough especially since the content can be rushed. If you want a pro of trimesters, I've found that the shorter time has incentivised me to learn ahead and stay on top of my studies and manage my time wisely because I have and still do struggle with university and keeping up with the lack of rigidity that uni offers (so the pressure of having to stay constantly engaged is really really helpful for me personally), but yeah there are times when it's kinda hard and you can feel time crunched. I'm also the minority who shares this opinion lol. There is a 'break/flex' week halfway through each term but you should be using that term to catch up if you haven't already, one thing that's scared me to study and keep on top of my work at uni is that because of trimesters if you fall behind it can become very very very hard to catch up, more harder than semesters. Genuinely though even if you are chilling with the trimesters (rare) they are still considered to be the worst part of UNSW

wollongong warrior

HSC
bro fr, complainers should cope + skill diff :rolleyes:

KulazziV2

HSC
This block mode method is becoming common now. This is because the content is not being dragged on, it is being taught, learnt and assessed efficiently using a variety of techniques. Research has proven that students learn more effectively this way and WSU College will begin all their courses in this method next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)