• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why do some people get so disappointed about getting Pass Conceded? (2 Viewers)

bimatty

HSC
I'm not focusing on the effect a PC causes to GPA. In fact the different of getting 45 or 64 is 19 marks but only 1 in GPA. And decidedly one has a PC shouldn't have expected any higher grade than a Pass as well. So the difference here is only 1 in GPA. Is it much? I suppose not.

So why (given ur pov is quite rite, and I think so 2)? It's because even u don't fail, u take it as a Fail. Just like the uni is feeling poor 4 u so they don't fail u, rite? In usual grading system, there is nothing like PC (at least it is in my homeland's grading system as well). It's like a pathetic gift 4 some lazy and ignorant students, lol. And one gets it feel something like "shame on u to get this". Any one agrees?
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I'm not saying that PC is good though, but in context of F, it's great. It means 1 GPA point and 3 (or whatever amount) of credit points, instead of 0 and 0.

Speaking about the difference between 45 and 64, yeah, only 1 GPA point between them, but what about the complete lack of difference between 75 and 100?

X

xeuyrawp

yeah. cuz the above does not have (P) as req. if there was, say ACCG105(P), ur friend would've had to repeat.
^ That's correct.

Essentially, if a prerequisite has just the unit name in it, it means that having a PC is sufficient. If it has another grade, eg (P), (Cr), etc, you need to get that.

blackrider89

HSC
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I'm not saying that PC is good though, but in context of F, it's great. It means 1 GPA point and 3 (or whatever amount) of credit points, instead of 0 and 0.

Speaking about the difference between 45 and 64, yeah, only 1 GPA point between them, but what about the complete lack of difference between 75 and 100?
We should say it normally s 75-90 (not many subjects that the best gets over 90). So it's only 15. Rite? Usyd gives a HD (5) 4 students getting 85 and above and D (4) 4 students getting marks from 75-84. It's fairer.

Usually a PC is enough even 4 subjects require (P). Coz in most of the cases (the) students can have waivers (shame on the uni as well).

A PC is better than a Fail. It's a fact. But maybe in students' mind it's not.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
We should say it normally s 75-90 (not many subjects that the best gets over 90). So it's only 15. Rite? Usyd gives a HD (5) 4 students getting 85 and above and D (4) 4 students getting marks from 75-84. It's fairer.

Usually a PC is enough even 4 subjects require (P). Coz in most of the cases (the) students can have waivers (shame on the uni as well).

A PC is better than a Fail. It's a fact. But maybe in students' mind it's not.

PC means you got lucky, do some bloody work next semester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)