why does latham's approval rating keep dropping? (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by teh winnar!
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WASN'T HIS BODY DOUBLE?! EH EH ?
This guy is gonna be the next Saddam

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
latham was popular a few months ago.. and it's gone down from there, pity for him

Generator

HSC
N/A
It is much better to see a politician speak in the heat of the moment than to see them hold back in a conservative manner (arguable, as with some topics and information sources it would not be a good idea to speak out during the initial stages of whatever is being processed).

At the moment Latham seems to be feeling his way forward. He is not as proactive as when he first emerged. Perhaps the people polled prefer an opposition leader who is continually in the news and on their own terms?

Latham had better improve Labor's performance at the next election... If the Greens manage to gain a greater foothold in the Senate at the expense of the Labor Party...

Where the bloody hell are the Democrats, Or even the 'Progressive Alliance' or something similar that is led by Meg Lees?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by AGB
howard just sent australian troops to iraq, and whats more "tough" is that despite significant pressure he hasnt backed down... he has the guts to make a "tough" decision and stick with it...
is that a tough decision or just a stupid decision, or was he just sucking up to Bush

ohne

HSC
Because Latham is the leader of the Labo(u)r party and people are beginning to remember the absolute mess this country was left in by the last ALP government.

Alexander

Gold Member
Done dash; honeymoon over.
But you never know... something could happen to John and then Peter will liven the battle up

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ohne
Because Latham is the leader of the Labo(u)r party and people are beginning to remember the absolute mess this country was left in by the last ALP government.
It is just Labor party, not to be confused with Labour government (which is British) the Australian Party was based of the US Labor Party.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah I'd rather see Costello's smugness leading the nation than Howards... non-descript but annoying qualities.

ellymelly

HSC
His approval rate is dropping because he is a nutcase, and people don't want a creepy nutcase running the country. He is no better the crean, most of the time i just want to stick little pins in him. Let's hope and pray Labor never gets back in, at least not until we are finished cleaning up their first mess.

i'll think i'll just go right back to my original point after reading the reply, the liberals don't reform as much because they are too busy bringing the country back into a productive and functioning economy ~ without which you wouldn't have any services. For someone who complains a lot about forgotten people you should be welcoming a tax cut, one which benifits a wider range of people. It would do you well not to forget that it is the rich that actually support most of the economy, where do you think the money comes from for welfare? it comes from the wealthier members of society who pay about 50 times more tax then the rest.

on the topic of hospitals and education, you might like to ask your state government where all the money given to them by the Federal government set aside for exactly this purpose has gone? it's funny how they manage to 'misplace' billions. so much for moving foward...

Last edited:
Originally posted by Asquithian
well arnt you a good little right wing liberal...
MUCH of what you have today is a result of ALP governments.
And much of what we have today is also a result of Liberal governments. Hurrah! for meaningless opening sentences.

Its reasonably evident that the Liberal Howard government is a typical 'maintaining' government.
Why yes, that is part of the definition of conservative. I fail to see why that's a problem.

They never implement broad social reforms, hence we never move forward,socially, under the Liberals.
Delete the word 'forward', and I'll agree with you. Not all social reform is progress.

The Rich get tax cuts and everything gets more expensive. Include basic services that should not be expensive. Ie health, welfare and education. you get ur tax cuts back but all those things are MORE expensive than they were.
Yes, but the people get more wealthy to go along with it. SUP INFLATION YOU'VE REALLY LOST SOME WEIGHT SINCE I SAW YOU LAST UNDER ALP GOVERNMENT. IS THAT A NEW SUIT?>

However under this Liberal government we have a whole class of forgotten people. ie anyone under 52 000 a year.
or people with families. there's not many of those around.

Pluswho cares about tax cuts...
THIS IS A GOOD POINT. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU - why the fuck are we pump priming the economy at this point in time. Political reasons of course. But you know what scares me even more? MARK LATHAM promising EVEN FURTHUR tax cuts!

how bout putting some of that $$$ in services. How bout giving some more money to the states for Hospitals and trains. Instead the liberals decide to give tax cuts back to the top 30% of income earners.
Basically instead of the government choosing how to spend your money, the government gives it to you to spend how you please. What's the problem?

We dont care about the terrible terrible things thisgovernment has done over its sadly terms. I hope the Australian people are not BRIBED by 40 odd dollars at election time.
Yeah, I'd much rather they are bribed by BIGGER tax cuts :(. Who is Mark Latham's mentor? Good ol' Gough. After Gough, when it looked like the ALP was going to come to power again, the fear of another ALP government fucking the economy (like Gough did, hard and quick) resulted in so much money leaving the country the AUD was devalued 10% or so. Is that the sort of guy you trust to manage the economy that has to pay for these services eventually?

Oh, and, I'm glad you brought up the issue of 'bribery', because I have a question! I'd just like you to explain to me, as a devoted ALP supporter, how having a Budget with a $2, 400, 000, 000 SURPLUS is a bribe when an ALP government managed to rack up 70 BILLION DOLLARS, that's $70 000 000 000 of debt isn't bribing anyone?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
lets all sit here and stare at the surplus ... isnt it wonderful!
At least it is better then sitting here staring at a decefit.

what difference to u does it make!!!!

suddenly ALP gets in and the deficit goes to 4000000000000000000 ?

libs no spending...= surplus...
220b dollars of spending still = surplus.

What pays for all the public services you want to fund? THE ECONOMY. Who was responsible for the last recession, the recession that he 'wasn't going to let happen', but then it was 'the recession we had to have'. Who kept the economy out of recission despite the horrible global economic environment?

It's all well and good to sit back and say we should spend more here and spend more there, but somebody has got to foot the bill.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
derr you can just print more money to pay for all teh extra spending!

hey i mean i wouldn't complain too much if latham got in and went on some crazy scheme paying for everyone's university degrees;)

i'd just have to leave the country afterwards

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by George W. Bush
hey i mean i wouldn't complain too much if latham got in and went on some crazy scheme paying for everyone's university degrees;)

i'd just have to leave the country afterwards
Whereas now you can just defer then leave afterwards and it has the same effect.

ellymelly

HSC
yoiur way to responsible for a teenager :p
and you are clearly way too irresponsible to be voting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)