Why does my school appear only to be studying Module B? (1 Viewer)

__moonriver

HSC
Am I missing something here? I didn't even know there was a Module A & C before this board. It's half-way through the year and nothing's been mentioned about them. Or am I just being incredibly thick...?

zzzz12345

HSC
English Extension is different to English Advanced. You only pick one Module to study for the entire year. You do a several texts (depends on the module though) but the module that you study is the same throughout the year. I for example am also doing Module B: Texts and Ways of Thinking specifically Romanticism and will do so for the entire year.

LordPc

HSC
English Extension is different to English Advanced. You only pick one Module to study for the entire year. You do a several texts (depends on the module though) but the module that you study is the same throughout the year. I for example am also doing Module B: Texts and Ways of Thinking specifically Romanticism and will do so for the entire year.
yep, this is why extension english is quite good. there is a very wide variety of choices from the outset. but you are, as this person just said, only meant to study one topic from one module.

also be prepared, the english extension booklets in the hsc exam are quite long, and you only answer one question from the many topics that are available. so dont waste time looking at other topics, focus on the topic you have done. might also be a good idea to look at last years paper and locate your topic so you know exactly where to go come exam time

Ippius

HSC
Yeh, you stick to that module for the entire year which is great because you can really focus on that area rather than just having an overly broad outlook on English. Makes it a lot easier to study as well.

parvus

HSC
That's wat i rly like bout Ext 1. U dont need 2 worry about different modules. it's just the one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)