Why is english compulsory if if has no relevance to the real world (read more below) (1 Viewer)

boredsatan

HSC
Re: Why is english compulsory if if has no relevance to the real world (read more bel

Let's change this slightly...

And that is exactly what it's like for mathematics.

#centuryoldeducationsystem
In other words, english is harder than maths

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Re: Why is english compulsory if if has no relevance to the real world (read more bel

In other words, english is harder than maths
Probably. I mean at the end of the day Mathematics is a language like any other except the "rules" are just some axioms. The rest of Mathematics trivially follows from that...

It has it's own dialects (fields), spellings (notation), grammar and punctuation (philosophies) and everyone is always chucking shit at each other for preferring certain ways over others...

I think I just summarised the human condition in one sentence.

Last edited:

Kingom

HSC

Probably. I mean at the end of the day Mathematics is a language like any other except the "rules" are just some axioms. The rest of Mathematics trivially follows from that...

It has it's own dialects (fields), spellings (notation), grammar and punctuation (philosophies) and everyone is always chucking shit at each other for preferring certain ways over others...

I think I just summarised the human condition in one sentence.
You deserve some rep for this statement

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

How do you get that one subject is harder than the other when he said that the two are alike?
Yeah, both subjects at their core boil down to the same few flaws that have plagued the entire education system for decades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)