Why is every type of accommodation on campus so freakin expensive!? (1 Viewer)

yma

HSC
Seriously, rent fee ranging from 200-500 per week, I don't know how people manage to afford that. My parents aren't going to give me much financial support. But I really want to move out tho... Are you guise still living at home or out of home?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you thought about sharing a flat with other people? I think the reason why it is so expensive is because of a very popular saying in real estate-location, location, location!:)-since being so close to uni means saves a lot of time on travelling-hence expensive:)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Have you thought about sharing a flat with other people? I think the reason why it is so expensive is because of a very popular saying in real estate-location, location, location!:)-since being so close to uni means saves a lot of time on travelling-hence expensive:)
not just that, rent in sydney is freaking expensive and the uni's need to make money somehow. unsw barker apartments are shit (the ones on eastside past the oval). omg that shit looks condemned as fucked. 200 a week and you live with 5 people. theyre making 1k a week from taht bullshit.

Talia95

HSC
N/A
The only way I can afford to go live in Sydney next year for Uni is because I've worked a gap year. If you earn enough money you can get Independent Status or Austudy halfway through first year uni. The money I'll be getting after that will cover most of my costs.
I know it's a 'waste of a year' but if you want to go to somewhere like that it's worth waiting for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)