Why is everyone doing their HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
My marks for my yearly's for year 11 is:

Physics- 75%
Visual Arts- 93%
Anc. History- 85%
Industrail Tech. Graphics- 88%

I havent gotten my english back yet though but my marks seem ok to get 80 so far I think considering for my year 11 yearly's i only studied 2 weeks before the test.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
chryslerregal said:
What do you all want to do when you finished?
What UAI do you want to get?
What do you want to do at UNI?
  • Get a job of some sort, travel places, join up with a volunteer program.
  • One that lets me into the course I want.
  • I'm going through the I-wanna-do-Psychology-phase now. It might change soon enough.

lulabelle

HSC
I have absolutely no idea what I want to do, but I probably wouldn't be happy unless I got a UAI > 98

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
im doing hsc by my own choice because i want to go to uni.

1)speech pathologist
2)80-85
3)Charles sturt

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
chryslerregal said:
Hey everyone, I haven’t been a member for long, but basically I just wanted to know why everyone is doing their HSC?
I am doing my HSC because it was a natural progression of my education and I (and my parents) wanted me to complete school and then go on either to further education or employment.

chryslerregal said:
I have applied for university and I also will be applying for Tafe. However right now I would be more then happy with Tafe learning practical job related skills rather then four years of theory. Also because I know and have meet employers in the industry who will not necessarily look for people straight-out of university but also those that have practical qualification and skills. Looking to get into the Information Technology industry.

chryslerregal said:
Umm not everyone needs or goes for a UAI, university isn't the only path and for some it certainly is not the best. However for my 1st university preference of I need a UAI of 70.

chryslerregal said:
BA Information Technology.

Last edited:

complex

HSC
im doing my hsc because i want to.

im aiming for like 99~ i need 98.80 for advanced maths as usyd, but they only take 10 people a year ... and lets face it, there are people out there with IMO results who are going to score 95~ and get it anyway, so whats the point.

im going to try for advanced maths at usyd, if i cant get that ill try it at unsw, if i cant get either of them ill try for advanced science just to keep my options open and do physics/maths or something.

if i totally bomb out ill just do enginnering, i need like 75~ or something for that.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Sleep, drink, eat, party, lie on the beach, schoolies, attend formal, strengthen friendships, go to shitloads of gigs, find work and go to BDO.

80s would be good enough for me.

BA Teaching (Arts) ... majoring in social sciences
cause I love it and I love working with
people and yadda yadda

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Hello greycats! It appears as though you've not participated in any discussions for several weeks.
Why not take a few moments to ask a question or to assist a student in need? :)

fu.

what i mean to say is, i'm getting my hsc because i may go to uni, but i may get an apprenticeship. i'll most likely decide after recieving results.

to the person who thought they can't make the course because other people are trying.. if you give up now ofcourse you wont make it and they will. but if you study your little heart out you've got a much better chance than you would otherwise.
give it a try and surpise yourself.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
chryslerregal said:
Hey everyone, I havnt been a member for long, but basically I just wanted to know why everyone is doing their HSC?

I am hoping to get as high a UAI as possible so that I can do B Biomedical Science in QLD, eventually I want to do a graduate medical degree.
1. Enter university and then get a good job?
2. As long as I can get IN to a university, it doesn't really matter. Preferably 100, though because more choice =D
3. Japanese Studies & Chinese Studies (if you can take both) & maybe a little bit of science

HSC
After HSC -

relax, chill out, celebrate that it's over, go out with friends, watch the cricket, other stuff, tease my brother's cos they still gotta go to skool (haha love being mean)

UAI aim:

over 95 is good for me, but i want as high as possible, ultimately 100, but who deoen't, but in realistic terms, anything over 95 is good

what do i wanna do at uni?

um, study i guess...lol, well either go into a commerce or eco course, maybe something in teaching, maybe a sports field, aeronautics, there's so much to choose, to be honest, i'm 100% confused, maybe a news reporter (ideally on sport), or a columnist for the sunday telegraph, uni lecturer????

?_? confused eyes

skip89

HSC
-medicine- be a doctor
- 95+
-undergraduate medicine at UWS

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Riviet said:
I'm doing the HSC in order to be eligible to apply for uni, hopefully get into commerce at UNSW. Need a UAI of around 93.
Yeah, i think most people are here to do just that. I reckon you could get that UAI. Good Luck.

HSC
gypo_rich said:

Sleep and gain weight, become socially active again lol

UAI of around 95 - 97% mark

1st preference would be a, B of Applied Science(Physiotheraphy) - Sydney UNI
and if i fall short of the cutoff
2nd preference would be B of Commerce - At either Sydney or UNSW

Gd luk all in achieving what you set out to do.
I want to sleep in, get a job, relax up the coast. I want to go to Schoolies but since that isn't happening I guess I'll go to the beach all nigel. Lol.
UAI: 80+
Do international studies at MQ, or if my marks absolutely rock, commerce+intenational studies at UNSW

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
gypo_rich said:

Sleep and gain weight, become socially active again lol

UAI of around 95 - 97% mark

1st preference would be a, B of Applied Science(Physiotheraphy) - Sydney UNI
and if i fall short of the cutoff
2nd preference would be B of Commerce - At either Sydney or UNSW

Gd luk all in achieving what you set out to do.
I don't need a UAI. Hehehe
I want to do a B of Dentistry.

I want to get a UAI of around 95-99. (which i definately won't get)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)