Why is physics so hard? (1 Viewer)

Arithela

HSC
I know most of the content, but in exams, I always stuff up the questions on graph sketching, finding data from graphs etc.

And I thought period (T) is measured in seconds? If you get given T is minutes, we change it to seconds right? HSC Success One book says otherwise.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
curve sketches?
most curves are either directly proportional (linear)
or inversely proportional (eg 1/x)

make sure you draw the line of best fit

karnage

HSC
Ah, my teacher really hammered us on a graph question in the 1st HSC assessments :(

vds700

HSC
Arithela said:
And I thought period (T) is measured in seconds? If you get given T is minutes, we change it to seconds right? HSC Success One book says otherwise.
yeah SI units for time is seconds, so if you are given period in minutes, convert it to seconds. I've found the answers in success 1 to be a bit dodgy sometimes...

Famguy

HSC
always remember to do the line of best fit, cauz my teacher hammered me when i fudged one point =(

munchiecrunchie

HSC
also make sure your graph scaling isn't odd - I got penalised for it in my last task

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
This is quite interesting really.
Preliminary & HSC Physics is a breeze compared to Physics in university.

Arithela said:
I know most of the content, but in exams, I always stuff up the questions on graph sketching, finding data from graphs etc.

The S.I. unit for period (T) is seconds.

Famguy said:
always remember to do the line of best fit, cauz my teacher hammered me when i fudged one point =(
Very important, that's why the teacher gave your marks a kick in the backside for it.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Arithela said:
Period can be measured in whatever units you want. You can use minutes if you want. you don't need to convert it. it just means that you will get an answer with different units.

vds700

HSC
with your graphs, always remember the basic stuff like a heading (e.g period squared vs. length), label your axes with the correct units etc, they can take marks off for these things. Also try to use as much of the graph paper as possible, makes it clearer to interpret.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)