Why is the IPT forum dead? (1 Viewer)

trecex1

HSC
There's something I don't get. Why do people kill themselves doing 3 sciences, 4U maths and 3U English, when they can have 1 science, 2U math, 2U English and more 'fun' subjects and have less risk of failing/wanting to kill yourself?
not sure if srs

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
not sure if srs
Yeah I am serious lol.
I understand they 'scale' better, but there's still a huge risk. Getting like 60% in Extension 2 Maths might (Idk - probs exaggerating) get you like a 90 atar but you could do the other subjects that are easier, do better in them and get like 98.

SadIPTStudent

HSC
IPT is so easy it is offered as an accelerated year 9-10 subject at my school, where everyone gets over 90 in the final exam lmao

Last edited:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Yeah I am serious lol.
I understand they 'scale' better, but there's still a huge risk. Getting like 60% in Extension 2 Maths might (Idk - probs exaggerating) get you like a 90 atar but you could do the other subjects that are easier, do better in them and get like 98.
Why is there a huge risk? Plus, some people may actually like those high-scaling subjects in the first place.

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
I did alright in trials, got first place in the CSSA paper with 74%... I think this years co hort for IPT is shit, so a couple of us have a chance at state

How did everyone else do?

ownagge

HSC
I did alright in trials, got first place in the CSSA paper with 74%... I think this years co hort for IPT is shit, so a couple of us have a chance at state

How did everyone else do?
A few 90s for independent in my class

thelostone

HSC
I got 83 in the CSSA IPT Trial Paper, 3rd in the Class and the highest mark was 87.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Not sure if you want to compare this to SDD, but if you do the top 3 marks at my school for SDD trials in Independent Trial were 96, 95 and 94.

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
Lol its bul, my IPT is a shit marker and doesnt follow the marking guidelines, A couple of us easily would have been in the 90's. It doesnt matter anyway as only ranks count.... Now for HSC my potential will be noticed :D

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Why is this ipt forum dead, i know there's some people doing ipt other than my class of 6 people. Come on guys, lets get this ipt forum running like those biology and business forums. I'll begin with a question, what is interlacing? (for you multimedia freaks out there)
No idea but ask a question and I'll answer.... :jump:

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
There's something I don't get. Why do people kill themselves doing 3 sciences, 4U maths and 3U English, when they can have 1 science, 2U math, 2U English and more 'fun' subjects and have less risk of failing/wanting to kill yourself?
scaling, essentially.

lol i did both IPT and 4U english and 3U maths.... and 3U german ahaha, i did IPT becuase it was easy to get good marks and was somewhat interesting even tho super dry theory, and I did the others because I love the subjects and can do better in them than something like legal or business or soco or history etc...(not sure what you consider as the fun subjects)

LC14199

HSC
Wait, is there such course as IDT?
Totally gonna revive this thread a wee bit, and say yes there is such a thing as IDT. Information Digital Technology, is a course hosted by TAFE which is commonly integrated into offers made by high schools, resulting in it being classed as a TVET course. I did the HSC exam for it this year, and I can certainly say that it was pretty bloody easy. Though I will say that the requirements for getting 90+% in this course are realllllly stringent, and the 2 medium response questions have to be answered perfectly to get the full 15/15 for each one of them.

Tbh the course sucks. I love IT, but man I am learning more by working at my local IT business for the last week than I have in the 2 years I was doing the TAFE work.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I actually liked IPT a lot and even now, 12 years later, it's proven to be useful in my professional life and I don't work in IT.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Just felt like posting this for some reason but I have a soft spot for IPT compared to my other subjects that I did better in. I loved IPT.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just felt like posting this for some reason but I have a soft spot for IPT compared to my other subjects that I did better in. I loved IPT.
Agreed. I think if more yr10 students realised the value it offers for various career paths later on, there would be much more take up of it at HSC level.

ttenroca

HSC
Every subject "scales well" if you're at the pointy end. The big problem with IPT is the outdated syllabus. They havent even updated the specs document in 9 years. Ridiculous for a technology subject. Fortunately the syllbus is undergoing a serious update. Not sure when it will come in.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Every subject "scales well" if you're at the pointy end. The big problem with IPT is the outdated syllabus. They havent even updated the specs document in 9 years. Ridiculous for a technology subject. Fortunately the syllbus is undergoing a serious update. Not sure when it will come in.
I can imagine it being horrendously outdated but there's definitely quite a few core concepts which are useful even now (eg process flow diagrams, SQL queries, etc)... but maybe they just need a bit more depth.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Every time I'm reminded of this subject I just feel cozy, don't know why but I can't say anything negative about it.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Every time I'm reminded of this subject I just feel cozy, don't know why but I can't say anything negative about it.
Ugh IPT is literally the bane of my existence.
I swear I could not have picked a worse subject in my opinion.
The theory is like 10 years old, (apple is emerging technology Imao)

I haven't studied a single bit for IPT, got an average of like 70 :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)