why social music? (1 Viewer)

blobbit

HSC
Hey guys I'm with BC Magazine (Hong Kong) and am trying to write about music blogging and the whole social music network scene. I figured I'd go straight to the source and ask you all:

1. Why choose to blog on music sites?
2. What do you think of other people looking at your playlists?
3. Now tell the truth, do you judge people by the music they put up? What about the other way around?
4. People talk about music blogs and the different websites out there, but when I started thinking about it, the word "website" doesn't quite seem to describe everything that places like these let you do. So do you think of the music blogging scene as part of your social life? Do you think you're kind of "addicted" in a way you wouldn't be to other kinds of websites?

Thanks and if you give me some good answers then you might see yourselves published!

(Also, just to let you know, if I quote anyone I will be quoting their username as well- no other details)

wanton-wonton

HSC
blobbit said:
Hey guys I'm with BC Magazine (Hong Kong) and am trying to write about music blogging and the whole social music network scene. I figured I'd go straight to the source and ask you all:

1. Why choose to blog on music sites?
2. What do you think of other people looking at your playlists?
3. Now tell the truth, do you judge people by the music they put up? What about the other way around?
4. People talk about music blogs and the different websites out there, but when I started thinking about it, the word "website" doesn't quite seem to describe everything that places like these let you do. So do you think of the music blogging scene as part of your social life? Do you think you're kind of "addicted" in a way you wouldn't be to other kinds of websites?

Thanks and if you give me some good answers then you might see yourselves published!

(Also, just to let you know, if I quote anyone I will be quoting their username as well- no other details)
1. 'Cause I can.
2. Don't really give a shit.
3. I judge their music taste, and very rarely do I judge them as a person.
4. Not part of my social life. My friends are not on it. I keep it as a record for myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)