Why try when you're nothing special (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Trying hard ppl? Want a high UAI? What is high? what would you be happy with? Ok, suppose a uai of 90 would float ur boat. How much people better than you? Almost ten thousand.

How about a uai of 95? Happy yet? Now there's about 5k people better than you. uai = 98? About 1.5k. You 99ers think you're worth something right? Sure, you're better than tens of thousands, but theres still a few hundred better than you. e.g. 99.5 uai is superb by anyones standards. Now there's 500 people better than you. That's half a school.

Now, if you manage to bleed and claw your way through to a 100 uai, have you attained perfection? you complete yet? Now there are 22 others just like you. What are you worth then? 1/22 ~ 5% of the networth of all the individuals that are your match. If then something happens to you, would the masses care? Why? There are 21 left...

:(

MouNtY

oh dude way to0 be a bummer. If you achieved those marks wouldn't you just be happy that you did well

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
when i get 99+ and you get 50 give us a whinge when your in TAFE and im doing a law degree eh?

jay9nine

lonley plz msg me
whats wrong with tafe???

how about u come whinge wen we are out in the workforce and making money while you are studying still in uni and then when u finish and finally get into the workforce and your spending all your time after work finishing up ur work

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Because Uni is fun and a stimulating environment (plus it's one big pissup full of smart hot girls)... TAFE isn't, neither is the workplace.

How about this, the TAFE people will all get thrown into low paying menial jobs no one really wants to do and all the Uni kids will be determining how many unskilled immigrants to allow into the nation to kick the TAFE qualified persons out of jobs :p

fatmuscle

HSC
If you don't experience uni life, you're missing out.

SEriously, UNI IS THE BEST! I miss uni....

stupid work!!!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by jay9
whats wrong with tafe???

how about u come whinge wen we are out in the workforce and making money while you are studying still in uni and then when u finish and finally get into the workforce and your spending all your time after work finishing up ur work
If you have no ambition and are planning on working a 9-5, i don't care.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Trying hard ppl? Want a high UAI? What is high? what would you be happy with? Ok, suppose a uai of 90 would float ur boat. How much people better than you? Almost ten thousand.

How about a uai of 95? Happy yet? Now there's about 5k people better than you. uai = 98? About 1.5k. You 99ers think you're worth something right? Sure, you're better than tens of thousands, but theres still a few hundred better than you. e.g. 99.5 uai is superb by anyones standards. Now there's 500 people better than you. That's half a school.

Now, if you manage to bleed and claw your way through to a 100 uai, have you attained perfection? you complete yet? Now there are 22 others just like you. What are you worth then? 1/22 ~ 5% of the networth of all the individuals that are your match. If then something happens to you, would the masses care? Why? There are 21 left...

ahaha.......ur just bitter.....
dont try to spread r bitterness to everyone in the forum.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster

Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
this thread is reeking with positive statements :rolleyes:
yea, just luvly, pos statements for all us 04+'ers...gr8 way 2 end d term..do all ur 1/2 yrlies, just 2 b told dat ur dreams of 90+ is sad cuz deres so many ppl smarter den u! thanx a lot lobster

Wohzazz

HSC
we should make a thread motivating people

sure there are tonnes of people better than you, but everyone has their worth, how could everyone be better than everyone else when the world is relative
so trying hard and beating a lot of people is adequate even if you get UAI 90, not many people are exceptional although we all want to... most of us will accept that we are part of the crowd, but a few other will be lucky enough to stand out
nonetheless, as life is about fun and making the most of your time so why worry about not being the best when we all all humans and should, in a fair world, be equal

Last edited:

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
KILL HIM.....OR HER!
Speaking of which, Lobster are you a guy or a girl?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
friend of mine got uai of 30.00 and he is doing science in uni now. it just shows that high uai and uni degree does not guarantee you successful and happy life.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
a uai of 100 will get u a picture in the newspaper and some award money from the government, possibly scholarships to every uni in australia....

fame and fortune?

close enough

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Wohzazz

sure there are tonnes of people better than you, but everyone has their worth, how could everyone be better than everyone else when the world is relative
so trying hard and beating a lot of people is adequate even if you get UAI 90, not many people are exceptional although we all want to... most of us will accept that we are part of the crowd, but a few other will be lucky enough to stand out
nonetheless, as life is about fun and enjoying life so why worry about not being the best when we all all humans and should, in a fair world, be treated equally

Ah, Wohzazz...the voice of reason :)

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
Wow Lobster this time u srsly have put the nail on the coffin. Look mate I know u are as smart as hell...since who da hell can get 100% for their 4u math test in a selective school. WIth your skill in phy and chem u are guranteed a 99+ or possibly 100. Think about it...even if u are equal with 22 other people u are beating a hell lot of other people which include me :)

Plus to those people who think positive motivation is the only key to success...you are wrong. Bitterness is another way to ultimate marks. Trust me when u hate everyone and want to destroy everything you will realise the best way is to beat them and how else can u beat them other than get a super uai...get a mad job and wave ur success in fron of ur enemies face. (this notion is a bit disgusting but its true...i know people who think like that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)