Why try when you're nothing special (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Yeah i guess... come what may, Ill just try my best. But sometimes I cant help but stop to think what is the point of all this suffering... In less than 5 years from now, a uai of 90 and 99 makes essentially no difference. So much pain... for what?

Haha theory of bitterness... Yeah, I'm fuelled by hatred, spite and envy :D

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I really don't care what UAI l get, as long as l know l did my absolute best.

Blackalicious

HSC
There will ALWAYS be someone BETTER than you and someone WORSE, what matters is how happy YOU are with what youve achieved...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well when you think about it later why try to do an honours or even get above a pass in a subject when so many more are going to do better or equal with you?

Because you have nothing better to do then study.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Everyone wants to be the best, that's human nature and only an infinitesimal amount will reach it, so if you don't reach the top and get bitter that's your problem. Giant Lobster you do 4-unit maths and English - how much h/w and study do you do? If you survive that you will certainly be an Ubermensch.

Giant Lobster

HSC
4u english is stupid. I dunno why people bitch about how its demanding and how they lose their hair from the stress :rolleyes: 70% of my time spent goes to english adv. 10% to all my maths. 10% to english ext1 and like 8% split to my sciences, and the remaining 2 for my 4u english :D

Indeed, ubermensch my ass.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
where is pigs_can_fly when you need him.

probably studying for law...

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
4u english is stupid.
at the moment 4u is my lightest unit. When i come out of exams though i have a horrible feeling ill be using most of my holidays trying to get as much out of the way as i can :/

Nietzsche:) I read the Antichrist yesterday heh...

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
4u english is stupid. I dunno why people bitch about how its demanding and how they lose their hair from the stress :rolleyes: 70% of my time spent goes to english adv. 10% to all my maths. 10% to english ext1 and like 8% split to my sciences, and the remaining 2 for my 4u english :D

Indeed, ubermensch my ass.

Why do you spend so much on Adv. English? What modules do you do? I only do 3U Maths and spend much more time on that than English, and I spend more time on science as well. I wish I had done ext-English, is it more interesting than 2-unit.

What do you think an Ubermensch is anyway, have you read Nietzsche - I think it is only in Der Wille Zur Macht that he really goes in depth about the Ubermensch.

Originally posted by babydoll_
where is pigs_can_fly when you need him.

probably studying for law...
Why do you need him, any relevance to this forum?

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
your uai isnt the end of the world. yes, people will do better than you and yes people will do worse than you but in the end, who cares? someone else brought up the fact that in 5 years or so, uais will be forgotten and your 'fame and fortune' will have died.

try your hardest, work towards an achievable goal and you should be satisfied. comparisons are stupid. work for yourself, not to show that you are smarter than the others.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by DooNy_TeChY
oh dude way to0 be a bummer. If you achieved those marks wouldn't you just be happy that you did well
its not about marks but how well you can do

Originally posted by neo_o
when i get 99+ and you get 50 give us a whinge when your in TAFE and im doing a law degree eh?
mate this is the reason why ruse and fucken schools like that are fucken hated, you are all a bunch of ignorant high nosed shits

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
well thats true, u shouldn't try to get high uai, purely bcoz of fame...rather u should do it to get into the course u want, or to get a scholarship, etc. etc. :D

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum

mate this is the reason why ruse and fucken schools like that are fucken hated, you are all a bunch of ignorant high nosed shits
Firstly im not your mate.
Secondly I honestly don't care wether you hate my school.
Thirdly, why judge an entire school by one little prick.
Fourthly, if its ignorant high nosed shits your after, try PLC.

and my nose is fine, thank you.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Trying hard ppl? Want a high UAI? What is high? what would you be happy with? Ok, suppose a uai of 90 would float ur boat. How much people better than you? Almost ten thousand.

How about a uai of 95? Happy yet? Now there's about 5k people better than you. uai = 98? About 1.5k. You 99ers think you're worth something right? Sure, you're better than tens of thousands, but theres still a few hundred better than you. e.g. 99.5 uai is superb by anyones standards. Now there's 500 people better than you. That's half a school.

Now, if you manage to bleed and claw your way through to a 100 uai, have you attained perfection? you complete yet? Now there are 22 others just like you. What are you worth then? 1/22 ~ 5% of the networth of all the individuals that are your match. If then something happens to you, would the masses care? Why? There are 21 left...

:(
i sort of see where u r coming from. LASY YEAR I DID AN ENGLISH TEST AND i got 20/20 i was heaps happy and talking to my boyfriend and i was like do u think i cam 1st in the grade? do ya think do ya think? and he was like how the hell could u have not come 1st unless they gave some 21/20 u came freakin 1st. anways it turned out i didnt tie 1st i was soley 1st but it just doesnt feel as good if other ppl get what u get. I have seen the huge amount of lack of motavation theeads as well n started some myseldf ( hehe) coz i wanna do someything in uni say teaching so im not motavtied to go get 95 im like what will it do? i need a reason to do well coz i prob could if i wanted to but then i wouldnt be haoppy while doing it ( like more studyin n stufdff) imlike i could go all the way and try top the school, but if i come 2nd it would b all wasted, so i either wanna study my arse off or not give a stuff

is a roflcopter
HSC
ahh lobster
poor lad
freaking out already about hsc
and its only march/april lol

i think june is the critical point, you either learn to chillax by then and get 99 or freak up and get * :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)