Why UTS Business? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Just a reminder to everyone that this is the UTS section, i'm all for comparisons but if you want to rave about your own universities without anything of substance to contribute this isn't the thread for that.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
haha I was being sarcastic man - just stuff I read on BOS before making my decision last year - completely wrong. USYD commerce is solid! (Don't feel the need to advertise the Business School and unintentionally come across as a dick- so no explanations on forums)
Some UNSW person told me that in an independent rating, ASB got 5 stars and the USY BS got 1 star.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Some UNSW person told me that in an independent rating, ASB got 5 stars and the USY BS got 1 star.
I find that hard to believe given that UTS has been given substantial rankings and accreditation by the AACSB, CFA, ICAA, CPA, IPA, and QS (QS), with UTS Eco for one outranking every other Business school in NSW (ERA).

"Some UNSW guy" just wanted to gloat for being at the ASB.

They have also been given numerous A1 ratings by the Federal Education Department

Collectively, they wouldn't add up to just 1 star under any independent rating scheme, which I might add are all based on different things which don't necessarily reflect the quality of any of the universities rated.

EDIT: SUPER awks now that I re-read your comment and totally misread it the first time :haha:

Last edited:

THE BEAST

HSC
N/A
Hi guys.
I am currently studying a Bachelor of Science in Applied chemistry at UTS. I am planning to transfer either through UAC to a Bachelor of Business at UTS or to Usyd or Macquarie for Commerce.
I have also applied through Internal course transfer which is my preferred option to add on the Bachelor of Business at UTS onto my current degree.
My grades are ok I guess but I am a bit worried I wont get in as I have a current WAM of 64 where they recommend a minimum WAM of 65.
Can anybody tell me whether or not I will be allowed in either through UAC or Internally ?
Anyone who has done this previously or something similar to this please help.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)