Why?!? (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, we've had a few threads with people saying they dont like uni and stuff, but my question is WHY??

we knew going in that we werent going to get spoon fed, we knew going in there would be a sense of isolation from the teaching staff.

so why are people now saying that they hate uni so much?

...just curious...

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Maybe they're still adjusting to uni life. It's not just the isolation, it's the environment that makes it quite a lot harder to make friends i.e. you're practically alone and know no one.
I think it's a bit better that way though, you don't have any old friends to stick to and are forced to present yourself to strangers.

Longer days (in some cases)? Transit time to get to the uni? Copious amounts of work and study to do? Certainly saying that uni sucks cause the lecturers don't pay attention is no excuse, we all expected that like you said Jess and anyway, the thousands of other people at uni are mainly ignored by lecturers.

santaslayer

HSC
LoLz.....uni is ok, except the shitload of work.....i have an assingment due everyweek this month.....yippiee..

MoNNiE

HSC
uni isn't all that bad...
it's pretty cool actually except for the work load...as santaslayer said :)

besides it's the only wayt i can excape my parents! for around 8hrs a day!

^___^
HSC
yea..uni is fun

now all i need to do is pick up some asian girls and life will be as cool as fcuk...

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
It's just all the assignments that are rolling in - it's never ending. I'll get used to though! Other than that, I love Uni - oh, and I'm actually enjoying the reading involved too. Only a 5 min walk to the campus (and the shops). :D

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
yeah, i love it...!

my timetable is pretty full-on though - 23 contact hrs a week, (with an additional 22hrs expected of personal study and practice on top of that! as well as fitting in casual work and social activities... that can be interesting!)

on some days i have @ least 5 to 8 classes! no weekday is completely free for me, but that's cool because i love my subjects (there's a lot of practical) and it just means you get more time with the lecturers to figure stuff out...

and weekends here are fantastic - they have the best church services on friday night and saturday... and there's always some new rec. activity to try

so yeah, it's awesome :)

Last edited:

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by chookyn
yeah, i love it...!

my timetable is pretty full-on though - 23 contact hrs a week, (with an additional 22hrs expected of personal study and practice on top of that! as well as fitting in casual work and social activities... that can be interesting!)

on some days i have @ least 5 to 8 classes! no weekday is completely free for me, but that's cool because i love my subjects (there's a lot of practical) and it just means you get more time with the lecturers to figure stuff out...
thats quite a lot for a visual arts/ graphic design course....i had no idea there was that much work! how many subjects are u doing atm?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i love it and hate it

i like the freedom of being to study as hard as you want to, not having to rock up to lects etc, and esp the social side

i hate the travel and the fact that i have to study really hard to stay on top of everything..

Leanne

HSC
yeah..i have 2 assingments due within the week and i have to remember to do the (boring) readings! oh, and i like to type up my lecture notes cos my handwriting is messy......so my days off...arent really days off...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dont mind the workload...like last week, i had a bio assignment due on the monday (it wasnt worth anything, but if i didnt do it they wouldnt mark my microbiology report, worth 6%), a psych assignment worth 5% on the tuesday, and a geog assignment worth 5% due on the tuesday...oh and the week before, i had a bio lab report due on the thurs (same goes for the assignment, i had to do it or they wouldnt mark the micro report)
but its good, i like having stuff to do.

Leanne

HSC
yeah i dont mind the workload either..it keeps me busy...i'm just surprised how tired i get after only 2 full days at uni- i NEED that day off to chill

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Leanne
yeah i dont mind the workload either..it keeps me busy...i'm just surprised how tired i get after only 2 full days at uni- i NEED that day off to chill
lol, wednesdays, i get home from uni at 8pm, and i am asleep by 9.30, it just totally knocks me out.

4130warrior

I honestly have no real idea what I hate(d) so much about uni, but I think it's a combination of
-studying subjects I personally loathe (MATH1110, Mathematics)
-studying subjects I've no clue in whatsoever (ELEC1300, Introduction to Electrical Engineering)
-studying subjects so fucking boring that I play snake on my phone during the lectures just so I can not feel bad about walking out AGAIN (SENG1110, Introduction to Software Engineering)
-Realising that I don't think I want to study my degree for four years (Telecommunications) when I hate math and suck at physics...

And to top it off, there's a million other things to worry about...how I'm going to pay for any food to eat this week, how I can get to uni with no money, license, car, bicycle or umbrella etc. So I kinda figured that I needed to defer my enrollment until next year, work and save a bit of money, and basically get my head in order....

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
im actually studying very hard
i only go uni 3days a week
at first i was thinking the other 4 days i will chill and relax
but now it turns out i do my homework and study these 4 days which i dont goto uni.

Ribbon

compl;etely unrelated to the topic... who *is* that in your avatar?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ribbon
compl;etely unrelated to the topic... who *is* that in your avatar?
mine? tammy macintosh, an australian actress. she has been in a couple of movies, but is best known for television roles such as jool in farscape, a country practise, etc. she also played claire mcleod in the telemovie of mcleods daughters. she is currently starring in all saints as a lesbian (although, in her time there, she has got with like one person), dr charlotte beaumont.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)