Why?!? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My course is getting better. I think they made it so shit for the first few weeks to cut down the numbers because the courses were overenrolled....

It's still not fantastic though, but I don't mind it so much now.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
as with anything different, i suppose it takes time to adjust. the only thing i don't like is not having a set group of friends. i hate that.

Ribbon

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
mine? tammy macintosh, an australian actress. she has been in a couple of movies, but is best known for television roles such as jool in farscape, a country practise, etc. she also played claire mcleod in the telemovie of mcleods daughters. she is currently starring in all saints as a lesbian (although, in her time there, she has got with like one person), dr charlotte beaumont.
lol I still don't know who she is but go the aussie actresses/actors :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
as with anything different, i suppose it takes time to adjust. the only thing i don't like is not having a set group of friends. i hate that.
I have a bunch of groups of friends. I think it's mad! There are, people from school, people in my Japanese class, and people I've met doing compsci.

I hate a few things about uni, first, the travel and second the annoying hippy tards who try to push their agenda on me.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Simply tell them this: "GET A JOB!"

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by 4130warrior
I honestly have no real idea what I hate(d) so much about uni, but I think it's a combination of
-studying subjects I personally loathe (MATH1110, Mathematics)
-studying subjects I've no clue in whatsoever (ELEC1300, Introduction to Electrical Engineering)
-studying subjects so fucking boring that I play snake on my phone during the lectures just so I can not feel bad about walking out AGAIN (SENG1110, Introduction to Software Engineering)
-Realising that I don't think I want to study my degree for four years (Telecommunications) when I hate math and suck at physics...

And to top it off, there's a million other things to worry about...how I'm going to pay for any food to eat this week, how I can get to uni with no money, license, car, bicycle or umbrella etc. So I kinda figured that I needed to defer my enrollment until next year, work and save a bit of money, and basically get my head in order....
it looks like u picked the wrong course.....u could always try to transfer next semester/year and things could get better!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by poloktim
I hate a few things about uni, first, the travel and second the annoying hippy tards who try to push their agenda on me.
lol, i think (im not 100% sure if i did or not) i joined the womens collective during o week, simply coz i was afraid of the woman behind the desk (really butch, with a shaved head, except for two rows (running backwards from above her eyes), the tops of which were spiked and the backs of which were braided)

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
thats quite a lot for a visual arts/ graphic design course....i had no idea there was that much work! how many subjects are u doing atm?
um...5

EN120 (communication & literature - it's a compulsory/core sub.)
VA100 (theory & practice of art I)
VA114 (3D studies: i.e. ceramics and sculpture)
GD100 (design principles and practice)
CC105 (media interpretations)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I love uni ... i don't know why u r all complaining ... the work load isn't bad, even though i have atleast 1 assignment due every week.

Fitting in and adjusting into uni wasn't that hard either.

Even the two hour train trip isn't bad any more.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
lol, i think (im not 100% sure if i did or not) i joined the womens collective during o week, simply coz i was afraid of the woman behind the desk (really butch, with a shaved head, except for two rows (running backwards from above her eyes), the tops of which were spiked and the backs of which were braided)
Hahaha. During O week on a tour they took all the girls in the Women's Space, and I was the only bloke and was told I couldn't go in. I replied "I thought the university was against sexism and discrimination..." I was met with the cold evil stares of all the feminists there and they added fuel to the fire by saying that the no men rule was for feminism and how it's important for equality. My response "No it isn't. Feminism is just a feminine synonym for chauvinism. If I had my way you'd be called feminazis."

I started that one, I know, I shouldn't have said anything and understood that blokes couldn't go in there, but it was just a call that I needed to say. To make myself feel better.

That being said, I try to keep away from the women's centre at the uni now.

Stupid hippies. I won't even get started about the "resistance" group. Hippies, hippies, all around me.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
hahaah its the chirsitian group EU taht scare me..i spend my life tryin to avoid them!

haha well the two hour train trip sucks, the 6am starts suck..but i do find uni extremely cool! haha two of my subjects i adore..two i could live without but i need so meh!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
-studying subjects I've no clue in whatsoever (ELEC1300, Introduction to Electrical Engineering)
I have heard nothing but horrible reports on this subject. Just about everyone I know that is doing it is struggling with it and have no real idea about it:eek:.

So I kinda figured that I needed to defer my enrollment until next year, work and save a bit of money, and basically get my head in order....
So you have deferred already, or are going to:confused:?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I don't have as much work compared to what some of you are describing, so I am pretty lucky there. The travel time is alright, it is just hard to stay awake if I need to catch the bus:sleep:.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Same...I heard it has a high failure rate as a first year subjects. Especially the lab sessions...i have no idea what to do and where to connect what.

santaslayer

HSC
Lol.......good luck then.......
at our uni, we have this program called PASS...
yes, its designed so that u can pass difficult subjects.....but they have to be taken normally at lunch breakz

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
Lol.......good luck then.......
at our uni, we have this program called PASS...
yes, its designed so that u can pass difficult subjects.....but they have to be taken normally at lunch breakz
So just by turning up to the class you get to pass:eek:! That is heaps good:cool:.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
so is it just to help you pass? or do you get a guarenteed pass just for going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)