Why?!? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
so is it just to help you pass? or do you get a guarenteed pass just for going?
help only.....
the name itself is only to entice u ahaha

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I like uni. It's good.

I can't see any problems (note to self, we've only covered HSC stuff so I already know it).

Nevertheless I can see people getting annoyed with the dot product and the normal product:

i . i = 1
i * i = 0

They just don't get it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
so is it just to help you pass? or do you get a guarenteed pass just for going?
PASS = Peer Assisted Support Scheme

T

timbk2

ur all gonna have to live with the workload.. work is just a part of life.

but hey. comparing uni to school life. you cant complain about the freedom and lack of responsibilty.

of course, another downside is that it costs a shit load. and those who arent working will neeed to start looking for part time jobs.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Unless you get a good group who know what they're doing. I've never had a bad group in my 3 and a bit years at uni, so it's all good.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by tactic
group work SUCKS
yeah...especially when ur group members are lazy and u end up doing all the work

Originally posted by santaslayer
hey how'd u know?
or does unsw have a similar program?
yess..for first years only though

MoNNiE

HSC
nah i love group work!!
but then it really depends who your group members are

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Minai

yess..for first years only though
yea, thats what i heard.only first years, and they have to be acknowledged by the uni as being "hard". ie. failure rates

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by timbk2
ur all gonna have to live with the workload.. work is just a part of life.

but hey. comparing uni to school life. you cant complain about the freedom and lack of responsibilty.

of course, another downside is that it costs a shit load. and those who arent working will neeed to start looking for part time jobs.
Plz find me a job! :(

Leanne

HSC
i've always hated group work.....cos usually i'm the one who ends up doing the work while everyone else bludges around until the last minute.......then when i DO get a good group to work wiv..they turn around and ditch me when the next grou thing comes around...

(this was from my experience with drama mainly in yr 12)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol, last yr in english, we had a group piece (mega rare) and everyone wanted me in their group (now i sound full of myself) coz i usually topped the class and worked hard and stuff, and they knew that. anyways, I work my arse off on this interview we had to do, and they did nothing towards it (except deliver their parts on the day). anyway, we gave it, and our teacher (whose jaw was on the ground by this stage) was like 'girls, that was brilliant, did you work on that as a group, or individually or one person did it or what' and the others all jumped in and are like 'yeah, we worked on it as a group, all equally' and im just thinking 'what...'
it wasnt so much that they got good marks or anything, coz i worked my arse off so we would all get good marks, but just that they tried to take credit for something they didnt do.
kinda rude i think.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I hadn't had to do group work for as long as I could remember, that is until a couple of weeks ago. It went well though, both of us did our fair share of the work, we knew each other from high school though (so we were kind of obligated to work well):).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)