why? (1 Viewer)

tt_j65

HSC
my school doesnt offer religion as it is a Christian School

if they offered.. i wouldve chosen it as i would like to see what the other religions of the world are like.. :)

bex

HSC
i CHOSE to do sor 2 and even though my school was catholic, sor wasnt compulsary. SOR 2 taught me so much about the history of civilisation and the issues we studied were so relevant to today. eg the israeli/ palestinian tension that ha been ongoing since ancient times.

In todays society where people are becomming more and more insular in their communities and religious tension is rising because of badly made assumptions, its important for people of all races to learn and grow from each other. I believe that i have become more racial and religiously tolerant since starting the course. I havent become some holy freak.. in fact from doing the course i am starting to resent catholocism.

Just cause you're an athiest doesnt mean you cant do SOR. Dismissing all study of religion just because you dont believe in a higher power is being arrogant and pig headed. Just as you have your beliefs, millions of people worldwide have theirs and sor helps people to become more aware and understanding of this.

DC10

actually i got a band 5 for SOR1 accelerated....
got 44/50. well i guess i just missed out on band 6 ... not like one or two marks gonna matter that much... if i do good in other subjects then i won't even have to count this unit.... though SOR1 gave me a good 'backup' in case i screw up my other subjects :D

actually my friend is atheist and he done SOR1... he actually convinced me (a christian) to do it.... and he ended up getting the same mark as me :rolleyes:

i chose to do SOR 2 caus i had a couple of subjects left to choose and i thought history wasn't interesting enough.But i found sor interesting as it's the only subject with focuses on the development of people answers to life's questions, along with element of contraversy.It's also great for scaling too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)