wi fi on yer mobile (1 Viewer)

HSC
silly question perhaps, but if you connect to a wi fi on ur mobile, say ur home wi fi or a wi fi hot spot, what u browse wen connected to it doesnt count towards ur d/load limit with ur carrier, correct??

sorry i know im blonde, but confused?

HSC
just would like to know before i browse on the maccas free wi fi then get a whopping bill next month by suprise..

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no im pretty sure it wouldnt, because ur accessing the internet thru the hotspot, if ur using ur home internet then it would count towards ur home internet download limit, not ur fone credit.

same thing with a laptop, connecting to wireless hotspot/uniwide wifi/wireless home is different than buying some vodafone portable internet and using it on the train.

HSC
sweet thought that would be the case!!!!

so your phone credit limit only counts if theres no wi fi and ur browsing on their network, right??

THANKS

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea, if ur using ur operator's internet.

eg if u had an iphone with vodafone and went on the net on the train, you'd be using ur vodafone credit. If u went home and connected to ur home wireless, you'd be using ur home internet credit. if u went to uni/maccas, and connected wifi to there internet, you'd be using their internet credit/usage.

just make sure u actually connect to the wireless hotspot, if u do forget you'll end up using ur service providers' internet, and you'll get a phat bill at end of month :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)