Wilfred Owen (1 Viewer)

hsc_is_scary

Joel 10X asked what poems people are doing. At Warialda we are doing 'Anthem for a doomed Youth' and "Futility". . . Both hopless examples.

hsc_is_scary

Billy Elliot

IS ANYONE ELSE IN YEAR 12 STANDARD ENGLISH DOING BILLY ELLIOT? Or is this just my teacher's way of making English Hell???

joel_x10

VicaRiouS
HSC
im also doing anthem and futility. Were doing raw for module c, i hate billy elliot but my mum loved the movie. Raw was a terrible but easy book

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Be careful, because the exam can specify any of the (six?) required poems. It's not likely that they will, but they've done it before.

azza_3761

HSC
In all of the past papers that our teacher has given us we have always had a choice of at least two of the poems we could write about. He also thinks that the probability of three compulsory poems being required is very, very, very low.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But obviously possible.
Certainly focus particularly on a few, but dont ignore any, in case they specify the ones you know nothing about.

fush

HSC
you always have a choice of at least 2 but its best to know and be able to write aobut all 6 because they can specifically ask for one poem and then 2-3 of ur choice...

eg look at hsc 2002 paper i think, it was a quote form 'anthem for doomed youth' and you had to show how owen conveys the horror of war in it and use 2 other poems of ur own choice

another thing my teacher always said is that if they ask for at least 2, always do 3!! thats one of the steps to a band 6 answer

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
When i was doing owen I used 'futility' and 'anthem for doomed youth' because they weere the two I found easiest to remember. I wouldn't touch 'spring offensive' with a 10 foot poll if i could help it.

pear head

HSC
does anyone have any notes for the anthem of dommed youth and the send off?

Spoilt_Princess

-no promises. no demands-
HSC
Yes

pear head said:
does anyone have any notes for the anthem of dommed youth and the send off?
I have notes on Anthem for Dommed youth, I have notes on the Send Off, but they arn't as good as the ones on anthem.

Spoilt_Princess

-no promises. no demands-
HSC
Module C

hsc_is_scary said:
IS ANYONE ELSE IN YEAR 12 STANDARD ENGLISH DOING BILLY ELLIOT? Or is this just my teacher's way of making English Hell???
I think you're the only one... Anyone doing "Educating Rita" for Module C- Texts and Society?
Actully, forget that- Im more worried about this Owen stuff. Gimme Peter Skryznecki anyday!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Spoilt_Princess said:
I think you're the only one... Anyone doing "Educating Rita" for Module C- Texts and Society?
Actully, forget that- Im more worried about this Owen stuff. Gimme Peter Skryznecki anyday!
I did educating Rita in yr 11 (2002)

katie

owen

For wilfred owen we are doind the send of, dulce et decorum est and Anthem for doomed youth. I need 2 orts for this... could anyone help me? im finding this poetry harder then i thought.

froggy_chik87

HSC
Spoilt_Princess said:
we are doing billy elliot, but have also looked at educating rita!!

krazie_kenji

Has anybody studied the Last Laugh?

We never did it but apparently its one of the pescribed peoms we need to know.

Heres the list:
Send Off
Athem for Doomed Youth
Dulce et Decorum Est
The Next War
Last Laugh
Futility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)