Will bad handwriting be a problem in university? (1 Viewer)

elecsplash

HSC
So my handwriting is really illegible and i lost marks in the HSC because of it, will this be a problem in uni as well or should i find some way to improve it over the next two months?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
So my handwriting is really illegible and i lost marks in the HSC because of it, will this be a problem in uni as well or should i find some way to improve it over the next two months?
Yes.

Some lecturers can be quite unforgiving if they can't read something, it's best not to chance it.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
yeah i've been dicked on exams because of my handwriting. exams are fucking stupid anyway, especially ones that's worth over 30% of your course marks. you put everything you learn in a semester down to one week. tis why i prefer essays/projects and shit.

RishBonjour

HSC
I was in your spot - hand writing stuffed me up quite a bit. Tried to improve, didn't help - still shit. And yes, it has become quite a limitation in university.
let me know if you find a way that works for you! I tried cursive, but I think that would just take way too long to learn fully.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Unfortunately you are literally asking whether a marker not being able to read your response will be a problem, which has an unfortunately obvious answer.

My friends basically practiced writing slower using these online stencils/how to neat handwriting guides and also experimented with a lot of pens before finding the right one for them. They both lost 15marks + in Advanced trials alone on handwriting, and even some marks in Math because of their writing, but they both improved so much that they both got in the 99s for their ATAR doing what they did.

Best of luck though, mate. I think if you can get the proper height definitions and general shape of the letters your writing will be legible. Who cares if it's messy though :haha:

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
your handwriting can't be as bad as mine (I never got my pen licence, it was more my grade 5 teacher letting me use pens out of pity)... I'm doing fine, so don't worry...

but yeah, I do lose marks for handwriting legibility... student services run workshops and stuff that can help you with: the English language, eg: spelling, grammar, punctuation; handwriting, exam preparation, referencing, and an assortment of other stuff that can really help you out (workshops that I should go to, but never go to...) :haha:

Last edited:

study1234

HSC
Haha I wonder how doctors, who are notorious for their handwriting, get through uni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)