Will doing bad on my internals affect my overall HSC (1 Viewer)

prashy261

HSC
Hi everyone, I was wondering if doing bad in my first 1 or 2 internals (~45% assessment weighting) will it affect my overall HSC as i want to get an atar in the high 90's.

My subjects and current marks are:
Standard Eng: (75) (ik its bad i ain't good in eng)
Standard 2 Maths: (83)
Chemistry: (84)
IPT: (91)
IDT: (VET)
Science Extension: (83)
SOR1: (100)

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
Hi everyone, I was wondering if doing bad in my first 1 or 2 internals (~45% assessment mark) will it affect my overall HSC as i want to get an atar in the high 90's.

Of course it will affect your HSC. It affects your internal rank which affects your HSC mark.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone, I was wondering if doing bad in my first 1 or 2 internals (~45% assessment mark) will it affect my overall HSC as i want to get an atar in the high 90's.

How are your marks that high when you got 45%?

Anyway yes as mentioned above by idkkdi, it will affect your Atar definitely. A high 90s atar is going to be realllly hard to get because your subjects are low scaling and especially because of standard English. A high 90s may almost be out of reach to be honest because all of your overall marks need to be at least high 80s but probably 90s will be ideal. This is going to be quite difficult to do but not impossible I guess.

So yeah your going to need an improvement of all your marks into the 90s range imo, and that will be very difficult. That’s not to say you can’t do it but give it a try at least.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they meant that they've completed 45% of their internal assessments, and still have 55% (or 1-2 tasks) left to complete.
I would've thought that too but it says assessment mark instead of assessment weighting. Yeah idk :\

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
The higher-scaling the subject, the less the internals seem to matter. My friend averaged around 65% in Extension 1 Maths internals last year, and after the actual HSC came out with a 45/50 total.

So as long as you do well in the final, the internals don't matter too much, especially after scaling.

shaffy33

HSC
Hi everyone i was wondering whether an ATAR of 85+ is still possible, in my first assessment (20% weightage) i did not do that well

Maths Standard 2:- 60%
English Standard:- 55% (aslightly above cohort average)
Economics:- 90%
Business:- 50%
IPT:- 75%
Legal Studies:- 75%

I still have the option to drop a subject as well, my school is ranked in the Top 100 in the state

idkkdi

HSC
Depends on rank and what that rank at your school usually gets. Career dude might know.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah basically the mark itself doesn’t matter it’s the rank. If it was the mark then schools would set exams that the entire cohort gets 100 in. So yeah focus on the rank! And on that note 20% or 45% of your assessment weighting done isn’t the end of the story, there’s still time to climb higher in ranks. Pretty sure I was nearly last out of 35ish advanced english students after 30% then climbed to 5th so make sure you evaluate what you need to fix and what worked, then smash out the future assessments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)