Will English Standard pull my ATAR down? (1 Viewer)

Vipul_K

HSC
Hi, I will be completing my HSC in 2022, I am very stressed because of the alignment of English standard. My other subjects are Maths extension 2, Maths extension 1, Physics and Business studies. I am doing fine in all of these subjects, so far we haven't had a math extension 2 test yet, but for the rest I am doing great. I would like to do actuarial studies in UNSW, the minimum ATAR is about 93, my goal is to get 95+ to ensure I get in. do you think its possible to get 95+ with my subjects? if yes, what is the minimum raw hsc mark I would need to get to achieve that ATAR.

Vipul_K

HSC
Hi, I will be completing my HSC in 2022, I am very stressed because of the alignment of English standard. My other subjects are Maths extension 2, Maths extension 1, Physics and Business studies. I am doing fine in all of these subjects, so far we haven't had a math extension 2 test yet, but for the rest I am doing great. I would like to do actuarial studies in UNSW, the minimum ATAR is about 93, my goal is to get 95+ to ensure I get in. do you think its possible to get 95+ with my subjects? if yes, what is the minimum raw hsc mark I would need to get to achieve that ATAR.
Raw hsc mark for standard english!

vishnay

God
HSC
Raw hsc mark for standard english!
interesting how you only have 10 units so early in the year

if you get high b5/low b6 in all ur other subjects then just aim for around 80-85 and this will set you up to comfortably recieve 95+

quickoats

HSC
Aim for the 80s and it’s achievable. Note that getting 80s in school does not indicate that you’ll be getting 80s in the HSC. Complex process but basically your HSC paper needs to be the same quality and display the same competence as someone getting 80 in advanced.

uniqueusername1

HSC
I would like to do actuarial studies in UNSW
Damn everyone wants to do acturial nowadays haha.

Anyways just aim for 85 in standard english. Assuming your fine in the others you should get 90+ in all of them. That would be enough to get in.

Vipul_K

HSC
Damn everyone wants to do acturial nowadays haha.

Anyways just aim for 85 in standard english. Assuming your fine in the others you should get 90+ in all of them. That would be enough to get in.
Ha ha yea, I wanted to do Actuary for a while now and also thanks a lot for the help!

Vipul_K

HSC
interesting how you only have 10 units so early in the year

if you get high b5/low b6 in all ur other subjects then just aim for around 80-85 and this will set you up to comfortably recieve 95+
Oh yea I also have chemistry on the side, but I am planning on dropping it for sure. I have already talked to a few of my teachers..

Vipul_K

HSC
Aim for the 80s and it’s achievable. Note that getting 80s in school does not indicate that you’ll be getting 80s in the HSC. Complex process but basically your HSC paper needs to be the same quality and display the same competence as someone getting 80 in advanced.
Thanks a lot, I will try my hardest!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)