Will failing a subject affect your atar (1 Viewer)

georgiaA1996

HSC
N/A
Hey just wondering how much it affects your atar if you fail one subject ? for example advanced maths.

HSC
And it also depends on how you go in your other 8 units. I mean if your remaining units are all band 6s, failing one subject won't be so much of a big deal.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Depends, if you're getting close to 50% say 45%, the Raw cut off I think will still be a band 4. I am not sure though. So you'll at least get aligned to 69-70%

Last edited:

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
If you fail a subject, you don't get an ATAR. The only way to fail a HSC subject is to receive an N-award for that subject.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
If you fail a subject, you don't get an ATAR. The only way to fail a HSC subject is to receive an N-award for that subject.
That's right, you won't fail maths based solely on tomorrow's performance in the exam.

georgiaA1996

HSC
N/A
To an extent yes it will be less affected, I am just fucking with you about it completely fucking your atar, what are you aiming for?
aiming for around an 80 atar and i go pretty good in all my other subjects, just struggle with maths haha

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
That's not awful, that will probably be aligned to about 60-65%
So you're still looking at a band 3, so it won't kill your atar as long as you do well in other subjects.
Plus if you are ranked in the top half overall it won't hurt cause you might get a good internal mark which will pull up your overall maths mark.

georgiaA1996

HSC
N/A
That's not awful, that will probably be aligned to about 60-65%
So you're still looking at a band 3, so it won't kill your atar as long as you do well in other subjects.
Plus if you are ranked in the top half overall it won't hurt cause you might get a good internal mark which will pull up your overall maths mark.
Okk that makes me feel better haha thanks for your help! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)