Will I be capable of doing 4U Maths? (1 Viewer)

thatace

HSC
So I was overseas and I missed 2.5 terms of school. I joined near the end of term 2 and I picked up 2U and 3U maths. I haven't been assessed yet except for my yearlies. I did my 2U yearlies but I ran out of time and ended up not completing at least 12 marks worth of questions. Due to that, I'm predicting around 60-65% in my 2U yearly - which isn't good, I was aiming for 100%. My 3U yearly is coming up in 4-5 days and I'm aiming to do much better in that. If I get above 90% in my 3U or above 95% in 3U, while having a score of 60-65% in 2U, can I still make it into 4U or would my school look at my 2U marks as well?

Bug_Z

HSC
It's hard to tell since I don't have any idea on how your school decides on whether or not to let a student do the course, but for the most part dedication is key, if you have shown them that and can convince them you really wanna give it a go you should be fine. If not I know of plenty of cases where students have forced the school to let them do the course (public schools though, don't know how private schools work).

Also your prelims will be such a hit to your ego, don't worry about it. Its most likely your first real sense of HSC examination and can be kinda tough on people mentally (Although I say that and you have 4-5 days, mine where all crammed into that time period XD). I know plenty of people who flunked a test or two (Also I think I got similar marks to you, flunked my 2U and even forgot to answer 4 multiple choice questions but did really well on my 3U test).

DynamicMath

HSC
N/A
If you are good at Maths and like Maths then definitely do Ext 2.

Too many students are scared off doing Ext 2 by thinking it is too hard. I was one of them and have regretted it ever since. I got almost full marks for 2 unit and Ext 1, and because I didn't do Ext 2 my abysmal History mark got included in my ATAR. I found that the Ext 2 topics were not so hard when I studied them at University. Ext 2 would have also allowed me to have studied maths at a higher level at University too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)