will i dtill be able to get in b.business at uts? help me! (1 Viewer)

bachelor

Hi i got a uai of 90.50 and im happy and stoked etc., but deep down I'm still a little worried because i want to get in B.Business (last year's cut-off was 93.25 and it'll increase even more this year) and (88.95 at uts kuringai). I got a letter saying i got into their access scheme.

So what do u guys think, wats my chances (% wise) of getting into my first preference, and 2nd preference.

fanks a lot in adv.

p.s. btw i want to do accounting as a career and get become a C.A. Is there ne other degrees/unis u would recommend for a person with my UAI? fanks again

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ok since u got into their Access scheme (im assumin ur talkin bout Inputs), they allow the cut-off to be lowered by 7 marks. but since this is business and is more competitive they'll prolly lower the cut-off by less than 7, but im confident you'll get in :), Good Luck!

bachelor

oh okay then, fanks a lot for that! and btw, i meant the inpUTS scheme sorry hehe

do u fink ill get into the kuringai one for sure?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
dont worry, im sure you'll get into the city campus

and maybe i was confused wit the inpUTS scheme wit the letter they sent me, but what they do is reserve 5% of the places for applicants who are eligable for this scheme, and as a general guide u are considered if ur within 7 marks of the cut-off, so ur still not guaranteed a place if u meet the requirements and ur within 7 marks

MrA

Originally posted by melbournian
Okay, first of all, the UAI cut-off should remain fairly constant for this course (at both campuses).
This may be a stupid question, but how do u know??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by bachelor
p.s. btw i want to do accounting as a career and get become a C.A. Is there ne other degrees/unis u would recommend for a person with my UAI? fanks again
I've seen career profiles of experienced CA's who completed a BA at uni - u dont have to have a degree in Business/Commerce to do CA program

bachelor

oh okay, but what i mean is what degrees should i undertake that has accounting or commere related subjects.

for eg. b commerce at unsw (which is out of my range)
b commerce syd

etc etc.

Nupil

HSC
N/A
You could try for Bachelor of Economics, as the UAI for that is generally lower as you must have at least one economics major, unlike the flexibility of choosing all your majors in commerce.

BEco is offered at: UNSW, USyd, Mcq, ... all of them ... bar UTS I think. But then you could do Maths and Finance if you're a maths/financial person, all depends.

I suggest you have a looks through your UAC guide just to get an idea of what courses are on offer in total in commerce/business/economic faculties.

My 1.5 cents. Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)