Will I get caught?! (1 Viewer)

Oget

HSC
Hey all,

I changed my texts from Cloudstreet (modue B eng adv) to King Lear and that leaves me without a novel in my prescribed texts (I have Hamlet/Ros and Guil and Frontline as my other modules respectively).

I find out that its a requirement to have a novel a week before HSC exam. Uh oh.

Teacher says it is 'unlikely' I'll get caught.

Should I take the risk?

historykidd

HSC
Oget said:
Hey all,

I changed my texts from Cloudstreet (modue B eng adv) to King Lear and that leaves me without a novel in my prescribed texts (I have Hamlet/Ros and Guil and Frontline as my other modules respectively).

I find out that its a requirement to have a novel a week before HSC exam. Uh oh.

Teacher says it is 'unlikely' I'll get caught.

Should I take the risk?
i'd ask the mighty p--snake goodluck with your hsc.

historykidd

HSC
DownInFlames said:
I kind of have no idea what you're asking.

???

Are you changing from a prescribed text you've studied in class to an alternate one that you haven't?
Yes he has.

emurelief

HSC
Does that mean you're going to be the only one at your centre doing King Lear? It would look quite sus. to have 150+ Cloudstreet essays, and then a King Lear one whacked in the middle. Or does your school have different classes doing different texts? If so, try and sit near the Cloudstreet people? But I think they assign your seats..

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
They assign seats so no you can't sit where you want.

Why do you want to change anyway?

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
Yeah assigned seats. aphebetical order with your name and photo [ithink] on the seat so its preety impossible to swap seats.

i dunno, but don;t they plug into a computer what questions you've answered to make sure you did all the requrements??

hmmm why would you change texts, to one which you didn't study in class? pretty bold move if you ask me.

helper

HSC
N/A
The school will never know. The question is if the paper for some reason specifies to answer in terms of the novel you studied.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
but i don't get it, you're changing to king lear for module b? why on earth would you do that? king lear is incredibly difficult
and what's this about a novel?
*confusion*

helper

HSC
N/A
ahen said:
what's this about a novel?
*confusion*
From the syllabus

Text Requirements

• the close study of at least FIVE TYPES OF PRESCRIBED TEXT, one drawn from EACH of the following categories:
– Shakespearean drama
– prose fiction
– drama or film
– poetry
– nonfiction or media or multimedia texts

bambaffled

my car =).. i have a house, but it's not my home
HSC
they give you a booklet with all the questions for all the modules even if you didnt study them, theyre there. and doesnt it work by answering questions in seperate booklets, and then like one group marks your first booklet, then the second group marks 2nd booklet and whatever, and they plug in the marks you get?

i don't think it's such a huge risk to take. and i never knew it was a requirement to have atleast one novel?.:S.. mang is that stupid.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ahen said:
but i don't get it, you're changing to king lear for module b? why on earth would you do that? king lear is incredibly difficult
and what's this about a novel?
*confusion*
LOL. I hate King Lear but the OP said in a previous thread - that he has a 20/20 essay ready for it.

Last edited:

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
tanjin said:
LOL. I hate King Lear but i asked the OP said in a previous thread - that he has a 20/20 essay ready for it.
wtf
what a bloody shakespeare freak :p

it has taken me like 6 months to put together a 19/20 essay on that bloody play, and that could easily become like a 15 or something if i get a stupid question :(
i am jealous

collide

HSC
I thought schools specify which prescribed texts we study in class to the board.. don't they do that with our optional focus studies in like Legal Studies etc..? :S

Well good luck with it lol.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I despise Shakespeare. I've done it ever since year 7 - damn advanced english classes - i didn't choose to be in those classes!

helper

HSC
N/A
collide said:
don't they do that with our optional focus studies in like Legal Studies etc..?
Schools put in information on what options and texts are being studied so the Board can estimate how many markers are needed for each question but they don't say you have to keep to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)