Will i make it into the course? (1 Viewer)

uniqshelppls

HSC
my atar with flexible entry is 79.55 and bachelor of science at usyd is 83.00

I put Bachelor of science at usyd as my first preference but seeing as my atar is lower than the atar cut off will i have any chance of making into the course? Should i replace my first preference with a course that my atar would be eligible?

Also if i changed first preference to Bachelor of Health Science which is 80.00 atar and my atar is 74.55 without flexible entry, but with flexible entry it would be 79.55 do i have a chance at making in?

I'm so scared that i won't get any offers as i put all the courses i want to go into 1st 2nd and 3rd but my atar doesn't make it. pls help

Last edited:

dirty_ink

HSC
I obviously can't tell you for sure whether or not you'll make it into either of the courses because demand is the pivotal factor here. So yes, you do have a chance, and I don't see why you shouldn't list them as your top preferences if you're passionate about them (I mean, you do have nine slots to fill).

schmickrx3

HSC
You should always put your preferences in the order that you desire, even if you have not met the cutoff. This is because you will have equal consideration of lower preferences if you don't get an offer for you top preference. So in your case l suggest that you leave the bachelor of science as your first preference.

CTon

HSC
It seems like a bit of stretch to get into a course cut off of 83 in 2014 with an ATAR of 74.55...even with bonus points/flexible entry. The 2015 cutoff would need to be significantly lower.

But as for your preferences, you've got 9, so use them! Be ambitious with your first few, then realistic, then have some backup options with your final few. Just order them in what you most want to do really.

Silly Sausage

HSC
USYD flexible entry only applies if your atar falls below the cut-off by 5 points (in that case the cut-off would be 79.55 for the 2015 intake), however their BSc/B lib arts atar was around 70 this year so that would probably be your best bet and you can transfer into the regular BSc stream the year after provided your marks are sufficient.

Keep in mind that flexible entry is by no means an automatic 5 bonus points as it is determined by your performance in relevant subjects.

Last edited:

slai123

HSC
Hi,

Sorry guys but I was wondering because I recieved an atar of 68.25 and am eligible for flexible entry ( B3 Maths 2 units, B4 Biology and B5 Geography) for the course at USYD B of Liberal Arts with Science which has an atar of 70.25

It's placed at 2nd in my preferences on UAC.

Chances I'll get an offer in the main rounds ?

Thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)