will it be extremely difficult to balance these subjects (1 Viewer)

skzzks

HSC
i’ve got about a week to finalise my decision

right now i want to do
english ext 1
maths ext 1 (maths adv is accelerated)
physics
chem
economics

i enjoy each of these and i would say that i’m fairly competent at each. most of my teachers say that i have a very good work drive and that i’m also quite self motivated. in yr 12 i want to take up ext 2 for both english and maths since i enjoy both a lot but would my other subjects be too difficult to balance with this?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
It may be difficult to maintain a balance with the workload of 2x ext 2 subjects and your other (two) subjects, however it is possible if you have the drive

It will be a lot of work

idkkdi

HSC

right now i want to do
english ext 1
physics
chem
economics

i enjoy each of these and i would say that i’m fairly competent at each. most of my teachers say that i have a very good work drive and that i’m also quite self motivated. in yr 12 i want to take up ext 2 for both english and maths since i enjoy both a lot but would my other subjects be too difficult to balance with this?
doable

Last edited:

Deem_Skills

HSC

right now i want to do
english ext 1
physics
chem
economics

I'm probably gonna take the same courses for yr 11 but in year 12 I think you could drop one of the 2 unit choices maybe? If you do that it should be fine as long as you genuinely enjoy them.

fuzi

HSC

right now i want to do
english ext 1
physics
chem
economics

I'm currently in year 12 doing ext 2 english and maths, along with economics and engineering studies. While doing ext 2 english and maths can be difficult, it is doable, but I would advise against doing three other subjects with it, cause at that point you're sitting on 14 units and those subjects can be quite demanding as well.

Best of luck! You've got this!

skzzks

HSC
I'm currently in year 12 doing ext 2 english and maths, along with economics and engineering studies. While doing ext 2 english and maths can be difficult, it is doable, but I would advise against doing three other subjects with it, cause at that point you're sitting on 14 units and those subjects can be quite demanding as well.

Best of luck! You've got this!
thank you good luck on your exams!!

skzzks

HSC
would adding another subject be a bad idea? i really want to do japanese beginners as well as i’ve heard that economics at my school is very badly taught and the marking is also weird so i feel like if i do japanese at least i’ll have the security if i choose to drop economics. 14 units tho 🫠🥴

Deem_Skills

HSC
would adding another subject be a bad idea? i really want to do japanese beginners as well as i’ve heard that economics at my school is very badly taught and the marking is also weird so i feel like if i do japanese at least i’ll have the security if i choose to drop economics. 14 units tho 🫠🥴
idk im switching to 14 units too cause u need 6 subjects that's what my parents told me (not sure if they're correct or not). I'm doing 3U math and eng, phys, chem, eco and software, but i dont think it's a bad idea esp if you need the 6 subjects

idkkdi

HSC
idk im switching to 14 units too cause u need 6 subjects that's what my parents told me (not sure if they're correct or not). I'm doing 3U math and eng, phys, chem, eco and software, but i dont think it's a bad idea esp if you need the 6 subjects
nah its 4 subs iirc

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
You only need 12 units for yr11 and 10 for yr12. So that would be 3u maths+eng and 3 2 unit subjects to make the 12

skzzks

HSC
we only need 4 subjects deputy said “what it will look like for most of u is 6 2 unit courses”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)