• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

will it work? (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok well i didnt get my transfer bla bla bla i dropped my welfare units etc picked up social science ones and am doing them on penrith campus (my home campus is bankstown) it says on the form 'to study units not on your home campus requires siganature of the head of program' my head of program, belinda mericourt, signed to let me study these 4 units at penrith

now, one of those untis was group interaciton but i had that workshop yesterday and i HATE IT!!!!!!!! and i dont see myself doing very well in that unit plus i think it is pass/fail unit. I e-mailed belinda yesterday asking when she will be in her office and if i could come in and get her signature, but she hasnt replied yet! :mad::mad::mad: she musta checked her e-mail by now dont u think?

anyway will it work if i just hand in the program variation form etc without her signature, i mean if i hand it in on penrith campus wont they think i go have her permission anyway???? or should i just wait for her e-mail and if it doesnt come by monday give up and continue with the inevitably failed unit.

the deadline is next friday to add/drop units im so stressed :mad::mad::mad:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can get permission just through email, you don't always need a signature.

If you send your program variation through fax, I did that once and they forgot to ask if I had permission to do the subject.

You could just clog up her emails :p

L

LaraB

yah - long a you got an email from the relevant person it's almost always sufficient..

long as you print the full thing - ie including the to and from and subject etc boxes along with the email, including the persons email signature, it's fine:)

but i spose its best to check 1st just so you don't waste time

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
When I did my program variation thing I didn't even bother seeing anyone i just told the lady at the student centre that I was told to do it.

HSC
hmmmm i have an email from her, from last week, granting me the initial 4 units im currently enrolled in, it says 'you may have my permission' i know thats not regarding tthis new unit but if i print that out, would that work? lol ooo manipulative.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yep, just change the email and put the unit code and number in it. One of my friends did that and she got into two business subjects :p

HSC
but dont they keep it on record and if they find out u dont have permission discontinue ur enrollment and it fucks u up bad? or do they just put it in some pile and never touch it again lol probably im gonna try it tomorow fingers crossed it works

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Yep, just change the email and put the unit code and number in it. One of my friends did that and she got into two business subjects :p
be careful doin stuff like that though...

if you've read the uni's policies and stuff that 'requires' i suppose disciplinary action and if you do it more than once they can suspend/expel you frmo the uni..

doesn't happen often but it does happen and if it happens i dont see any unis or employers wantin 2 bash down ur door to have you join em

espec. if ur doin law n wanna practice law coz of that whole "upstanding citizen" thing..

best just to go by the proper procedures to be safe.. besides, you don't wanna get in to the unit only to find end of the semester you weren't properly enrolled so none of your result count n u gotta do it all over again anyways coz that would really suck:)

HSC
as long as it says 'enrolled' on platform web,that means ur properly enrolled right?

anyway i have an e-mail saying 'you can have my permission to study the units at penrith' unedited, so i am not doing anything against policy.

L

LaraB

hiphophorray123 said:
anyway i have an e-mail saying 'you can have my permission to study the units at penrith' unedited, so i am not doing anything against policy.
oh no im not saying you are...

i wsa saying more with reference to if you followed what other peopel said about changing emails or just saying you got permission or whatever...

LMM

LMM
HSC
I would probably suggest to find out when her consultation times are and go in see her if emailing attempts have failed. Unfortunately from previous experience you will not be able to pick units up at a campus which is not your home campus without her signature :-( Perhaps even (if you do manage to get into contact her!!) you could organise to fax it through to her office and she could fax it back to you. Her fax number is 9773 0019. Goodluck with that!!

Last edited:
HSC
well i would think that because i have permission to study all my current units at penrith that i would have her permission for this one, even if i don't have her signature i have an e-mail granting me permission to study 'the units at penrith' so it should ork, im gonna try now anyway im at uni now bout to go to student centre, cya :p.

EDIT: YAY it worked the lady was nice :D

Last edited:
HSC
just in case i got my mum to drop by bankstown campus today and get the co-ordinater to sign another sheet, so ill give that into student centre in case they find out the other wasnt signed and discontinue my enrollment, ohhh im good

Rema1

HSC
N/A
Risky

I reckon u should listen to LMM, i mean wouldn't risk my enrolment for one subject. Besides, I did Group Interaction last year in my second semester and i loved it. It was a graded unit when i did it...... But the best thing about it waz the group assignment!!!! We chose to do Paint ball, it was awesome and the ppl in my group were all so much fun. Why dont you just email the unit coordinator if you want to know more about how the unit is graded. To be honest, it was such an easy unit to get good marks for....... :) i know everyone loves them :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Has anyone noticed the influx of new members in the UWS section. Not that thats a bad thing or anything :p

Hiphop, they really don't care if you have permission or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)