• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Will my school affect my UAI marks (1 Viewer)

valeria.m5.5

HSC
Well, im not sure that the UAI is partyly to do with your school, but i know that some schools do better than others because they have different teaching styles, teachers, and levels of student motivation.
For example, my public school does very well in the state, where as our neihboring public schools don't. I think its mostly to do with the entire student body work ethic, aswell as the teachers. I know many people that go to my niehboring public schools, the majority don't seem as interested in competing for the highest mark in thier grade, and don't seem to care that the HSC will be based on rank according to the state, at least compared to my school friends.
Now i may be mistaken, but from personal experience it seems to me that its all to do with how serious your peers take competition.
to

HSC
it does to an extent but not directly. in general selective schools will perform the best because they have the smartest and more motivated students who also set the hardest tests, preparing them well for the hsc. but that doesn't mean that students from non selective schools can't perform. really it comes down to the individual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)