Will Textiles bring my UAI down (1 Viewer)

HSC
HI all you textiles students, umm, i'm just really worried about my marks and stuff (who isnt) but i'm wondering if textiles will bring my UAI down, :S any advice would be appreciated! I would ask my teacher but lol im scared to.
thanks

Dongle

HSC
It is a pretty bad scaling subject. Even if you get a Band 6, it will probably scale down significantly. But since its only 2 units, it won't affect your UAI that much.

blue_eye_baby

HSC
Hey i did textiles for my hsc in 2005 and i got a band 6 for it. I found that it helped my uai, although it really depends on all of your subjects and final marks.
Ditto with noir, they wont scale you down if you do better than average.

em21

HSC
katherineham said:
i heard it scales better than design and technology anyway
WHAT???? That sucks cos i do design and tech too - and art I wonder what it does to the UAI - oh well i guess i'll just have to see how it all turns out i'm sure it will all be fine.....well i am hoping so anyway lol
Sorry about going completely off the subject there - but im sure everyone on this forum will do great

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
Getting an average mark in something like Textiles (which is apparently less difficult... hah. yeah right) is going to scale a lot worse than an average mark in something like Physics.

However, if your marks end up towards the top end of the textiles course, then it doesnt scale badly at all.

I did Textiles (and no maths and no science) and got a 93.4

emmmy

HSC
i hope it doesnt.
i did really well in my prelim exam.. like 98% so im hoping i can do well this year!

HSC
i did no math, no advanced eng, no sicence
did textiles
and easy sujects like business
GOT:
possible
:)

HSC
love.is.around said:
i did no math, no advanced eng, no sicence
did textiles
and easy sujects like business
GOT:
possible
:)

lol, you actually waited more than an entire year to post that again in your own thread.

Well you proved all the haters wrong.

frostysnow

HSC
I'm worried about this too, i mean the scaling down. even tho i have 12 units i still want to think that i wasted all this effort and it doesn't count in the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)