Will the HSC exam be harder than previous years? (1 Viewer)

goofgafflaugh123

HSC
My mate told me they will be because this year they give us reference sheets and before they only got the standard integrals sheet. So to compensate for giving us the formula sheet they will make the test harder. IS THIS TRUE?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
My mate told me they will be because this year they give us reference sheets and before they only got the standard integrals sheet. So to compensate for giving us the formula sheet they will make the test harder. IS THIS TRUE?
I feel like the answers for this thread will be purely made off deductions and opinion, so I might as well give mine:

I think universities and jobs are looking more for people that can manipulate and apply skills rather than memorise, and since heaps of people can absentmindedly just insert numbers into formulas, the purpose of having the Maths HSC would be defeated if they didn't make the test harder.

So my answer is: Yes.

piethepker

HSC
N/A
If the CSSA 2u trial is an example, then the difficulty will remain similar.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If the CSSA 2u trial is an example, then the difficulty will remain similar.
Well I did some papers from CSSA 2000-2015 and the ones from 2000-2009, early ones, were WAY easier than the more recent ones for sure.

AztecWarrior

HSC
It might be 'harder' in the sense as they look a whole lot harder, but that's because alot of the previous questions relied on the student's ability to recall information that is now on the reference sheet.

My guess is that questions will now be geared to situations where the application of formulas/information on the data sheet.

hassannaveed

HSC
I think this years 2U paper will require more logical thinking and problem solving rather than just putting stuff in formulas due to the introduction of the reference sheet. So it depends whether you're good with problem solving. My advice is to do a lot of Q16s from past papers as these are the questions that require good problem solving skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)