will the marks be better? (1 Viewer)

iirwin

HSC
hi evry1,,

i was just wondering if anyone could explain we score better marks in the actual hsc as compared to the trials. people, including teachers, keep saying the exams will be better than the trials.. why? Because they all say that the papers were set as close to the paper as possible and they mark it as actual examiners do

any info helps

thx guys

Ruki

-Queen of the Damned-
HSC
Took me a few minutes to understand what you were asking... But my theory is that they make the trials harder so that it scares students into studying their asses off for the HSC :p

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
still depends on your school

My school has harder english exam trials, even my teacher admits (according to my teacher, the texts used in our journeys short answer for our trials are VERY lengthy and complicated)

Thats just an example where your trial mark doesn't necesarily reflect on what you are gona get in the hsc

Crates

Banned
HSC
Nah, I'm pretty sure the HSC paper is going to be harder than the trial paper, because if you think about it, we had an extra 2 months to study for the HSC paper.

HSC
Crates said:
Nah, I'm pretty sure the HSC paper is going to be harder than the trial paper, because if you think about it, we had an extra 2 months to study for the HSC paper.
That's the reason it would be easier, not harder.

Personally, I studied the weekend before my trials, and had all my exams in one week. This time, I'll have 2 weeks study under my belt and a few days between most exams. By definition, if the exams are about the same, I will perform much better in the HSC.

Except in maths. I always get 10% worth of fucking dumb mistakes, no matter how little or how much prep I do. ;_;

HSC
Compare past trials to past HSC papers, trials are generally harder.
Although there are other reasons as well; people studying more and markers looking to give marks.

iirwin

HSC
thx a lot guys. i was kindascared as i averaged 60-70 in most of my trial marks. hopefully all this extra prep and the scaling will help somewhat

aiming for 78.00 thats al i need for civil engineering at wollongong.. if all else fails theres uni of western sydney lololol

danz90

HSC
And plus... even though the HSC exams are easier than trials (generally)... raw HSC exam marks are scaled up (or aligned) by the BOS anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)