Will they ask the same question twice? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

If they asked a particular question last year, do you think there's any chance they'll ask it again? Would it be a bad idea to ignore things like AAS, bromine water prac, history of electricity (in shipwrecks), SO2 and NOx in the atm etc.?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I've seen a multiple choice question in 2001 repeated as an extended answer question in 2002 (for IPT).

N

ND

So do you think that it is unlikely that there will be an extended response on the topics mentioned above? I already know enough about them to answer any multiple choice, just not enough for a big extended response question.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that this will be the last year before they start repeating certain topics... but please don't base your study around this comment. :p

coroneos

Originally posted by Lazarus
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that this will be the last year before they start repeating certain topics... but please don't base your study around this comment. :p
It is highly likely they will repeat because there is only a set number of questions they can possibly ask.

I mean the chemistry syllabus doesn't encompass a lot of content.

Nezz

HSC
dont they have to cover all of the material by a certain amount of time (say 2005?) so wouldnt that mean its hard for them to repeat stuff?

N

ND

Does anyone know where i can get the '01 paper? There are the solutions on the main site, but no questions.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ND
If they asked a particular question last year, do you think there's any chance they'll ask it again? Would it be a bad idea to ignore things like AAS, bromine water prac, history of electricity (in shipwrecks), SO2 and NOx in the atm etc.?
there IS a chance they will ask it again, and do not ignore things, study it all

take a look at the 01 and 02 forensic section - i think it was a 6/8 marker that they repeated both years

N

ND

Originally posted by iambored
there IS a chance they will ask it again, and do not ignore things, study it all

take a look at the 01 and 02 forensic section - i think it was a 6/8 marker that they repeated both years
Wow, you're right, thanks.

snow bum

Banned
Extended response questions are so often based on the same thing (eg: Ethanol and CFCs). Plus, they can examine the same dot point using a diff question.

Dave85

HSC
the 'new' hsc is meant to be unpredicatable... wudnt it be unpredicatable then if we got given last years exam agian??!

Dave85

HSC
so true... any money the 1st question will be on alkenes or bromine water and the first question in physics will be using w=mg formula

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Originally posted by coroneos
lol.. i swear - every years questions are predictable.
haha maybe its coz there is only so much in the syllabus, but the marking/ers are still dodgy, my school's trial/assessments anyway....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)