Will u pay? (1 Viewer)

Will u pay student union contributions once VSU is implemented?

• Total voters

heidi_kak

HSC
If (i.e. when) VSU is implemented, will you continue to pay student union fees? why/not?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I will join the Union because I draw benefit from it, and I will join the SRC if I am successful in securing a place on its senate so that I can help reform it into something that myself and other students will want to join. I will not, however, be joining the sports union.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i dont know...maybe just the part that effects me if thats possible - i know that sounds selfish but i dont get anything much out of main campus in regards to facilities.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Yes I will pay (when I'm at uni, of course) because it'll give me lots of benefits. :)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll pay if I get something out of it. But since I hardly get anything out of it, I don't expect the situation to change. So I won't pay. Having been involved in clubs, I really agree when people say Student Union is for left-wing politics. Some of the arrogance of those people... good thing I won't be seeing them in the workplace.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Yes, because I never know when I will need it, and frankly I use union services everytime I'm at uni. At the start of the year I wasn't particularly happy with having to pay, but in the past 6 months since i've been in uni, I've needed things from the union so many times that I never dreamed I would need.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I voted the last, its more if I see reform go through the organisations.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
So that people who don't use the Union can fund your queer collectives?
Surely you can do better then personal attacks. Granted his comment did have much substance to it.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I will if i see the unions reform themselves under vsu, if not then I will not.
Word up.

My sentiments exactly.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I will, but only because CSUSAB is more directed at supporting students and their needs, rather than the political sphere unlike some other unions. I'll pay $136 a semester because I definatly get something out of it - if only subsidised sports fees.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
No fucking way.

I haven't made this semester's yet and I'll hold off for as long as I can.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
No. I'm not going to pay because of the amount of shit the unions have been kicking up over the 'VSU crisis' - the loud protests, the flyers filled with misinformation, the recent violence in Sydney. I want to see them crushed. I want them to die and be disbanded, never to rise again. If my not paying fees helps accomplish this, so be it.

Roll on VSU.

X

xeuyrawp

hfis said:
No. I'm not going to pay because of the amount of shit the unions have been kicking up over the 'VSU crisis' - the loud protests, the flyers filled with misinformation, the recent violence in Sydney. I want to see them crushed. I want them to die and be disbanded, never to rise again. If my not paying fees helps accomplish this, so be it.

Roll on VSU.
So you want to remove much needed facilities and services for people simply because you disagree with how your union's run?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)