Will you be behind in law studies if you transfer after first year? (1 Viewer)

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
I'm mainly talking about USYD here....
Say you transfer after one year of doing B Arts(Media and Communications) into B Arts(Media and Communications)/Law at usyd, will you be behind in the Law Subjects that all the first years did in the combined degree? Or is there a special pathway that transfer students do?

i.e if you transfer does that mean you do first year law subs in second yr...and second yr law subs in third year?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
if you transfer does that mean you do first year law subs in second yr...and second yr law subs in third year?

generally means you'll end up taking like 7 years or something

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I think there's a special pathway..

I dno about USYD but at UNSW someone undertaking commerce/law from the first year would spend the same amount of time [5 years] as someone who transferred to it from commerce in the second year

diligent

HSC
N/A
Not sure about your proposed transfer but with a transfer from straight Arts to combined law you do 4 law subjects in your second year as well as Legal Research I and another 4 law subjects in your third year as well as Legal Research II. By the end of your third year you have caught up to all those who started combined law in the same year you started Arts.

Down side is because 48 of your total available 96 credit points for years two and three are taken up by law subjects you can't do a double major in your Arts component of the combined degree as you need 36 senior credit points (years 2 and above courses) for each major in Arts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)