Will you follow up on EE2? (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hey everyone, just thought I would make a thread asking the question - how many of you are going to follow up on english or something related at university or where ever else, and in what way? This goes out to the past students as well as this years.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I definitely intend to keep writing...but informally. In fact, i intend to expand my current MW into a full-out transformation of Woolf's text since my current MW has only been able to graze the surface of her amazingly sophisticated work.

HSC
N/A
I'm too lazy to do the travel required for dance, so I did the second best thing and took up my B of Creative Arts (Int Studies) majoring in Creative Writing :)

I wanted to get back to my fantasy stories this year, but just... haven't. :( Will try after the end of this semester, though. Failing that, writing is part of my course next year, so a big :D

Pointy Ears

HSC
I'm sorry to say that my passion for english related subjects has just...burnt out.
Maybe its a result of my hatred of advanced english- its so structured and analytical that i feel like I've been drowning in it forever. However, I did love EE1 and EE2 but, i dunno, adv just really stuffed it up for me.

I think i should just stick to reading and perhaps, writing on my own simply for the fun of it.

Career wise, I think I'll follow up on anything related to science.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I'm still not sure what I want to do, but I'm liking Journalism @ UTS. I deffinetly will end up doing something that involves writing etc.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hmm, I thought it would be a good idea if *I* participated in my discussion so um, I'll likely do something englishy either as part an arts or teaching degree, or by doing communications(writing and cultural) at uts. I'll also definitely be doing something on the side as well as I intend to teach myself how to write a verse novel along the way, and expand on my major work so that it is actually done properly.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
as i think i might have mentioned in a previous thread, i'm not sure whether i'll continue into university in pursuit of a degree that is exclusively related to english, though it really is a dream of mine to be able to compose music and write songs in a band. so perhaps that might suffice as an outlet and continuation of what i've applied in this course

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well black man, to continue what I was saying earlier - you could add a concurrent just for the freedom for some extra electives. They allow that at Macquarie, even if your primary degree is with another uni, and there are courses similar to what our moderator glitterfairy is doing but majoring in music also at Macquarie. So its a way to do your preferences the way they are now, but allowing you to pick up the extra degree at the same time if you still feel interested down the track. (I'm not trying to pressure you or anything:p just thought you might be interested)

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
kami said:
Well black man, to continue what I was saying earlier - you could add a concurrent just for the freedom for some extra electives. They allow that at Macquarie, even if your primary degree is with another uni, and there are courses similar to what our moderator glitterfairy is doing but majoring in music also at Macquarie. So its a way to do your preferences the way they are now, but allowing you to pick up the extra degree at the same time if you still feel interested down the track. (I'm not trying to pressure you or anything:p just thought you might be interested)
thats really amazing, i'll have to investigate those sorts of opportunities, thankyou very much Kami, it was very considerate to share those sorts of ideas, i'm very very appreciative of your thoughtfulness

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
nah. well, if I don't make my preferred courses I would probably become an english/history teacher but it's not something that I see me doing, really.
You know, I wrote a few pages of the epilogue to my major work about - oh, last week. I was wondering, what's going to happen to these characters? What I wrote was a bit cliche, and I stopped after about 1500 words (impending exam may have had something to do with it as well -_-)
There are only two characters in my major work, and they'd been lurking around in my mind for quite a while before the course started, I mean I didn't have names for them or anything, it was a general vague mist there...and I was very attached to it though when I was preparing it to hand it I didn't have any feeling of loss or nostalgia.
I couldn't really expand it, it would just be a rip off Coppola's film that way. But perhaps when I retire or something, I'll write a book (that won't find a publisher, but nevertheless.)

HSC
N/A
kami said:
for the record, one is able to major in music in my degree - you can also do the major of your creative arts degree at another university. It's fiddly, but doable :) (just thought I'd say that for the record)

If you're willing to run around, there's little you can't do in uni :)

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
nah. well, if I don't make my preferred courses I would probably become an english/history teacher but it's not something that I see me doing, really.
You know, I wrote a few pages of the epilogue to my major work about - oh, last week. I was wondering, what's going to happen to these characters? What I wrote was a bit cliche, and I stopped after about 1500 words (impending exam may have had something to do with it as well -_-)
There are only two characters in my major work, and they'd been lurking around in my mind for quite a while before the course started, I mean I didn't have names for them or anything, it was a general vague mist there...and I was very attached to it though when I was preparing it to hand it I didn't have any feeling of loss or nostalgia.
I couldn't really expand it, it would just be a rip off Coppola's film that way. But perhaps when I retire or something, I'll write a book (that won't find a publisher, but nevertheless.)
I'm in a similarish sort of boat (or was). I'm definately not a short story writer and felt really constrained last year because I didn't think in a short story format...

But be warned, it's a lot harder to motivate yourself to write after the hsc because you don't *need* to. If you're seriously thinking about it, I strongly suggest you at least do some writing once a fortnight, just to keep in practice :)

gorgo31

HSC
This is a great idea for a thread.

Personally, I'm a bit of an idealist. I'm planning to go to Melbourne Uni next year to study at their school of the Creative Arts, hopefully majoring in Creative Writing or Theatre Studies. I would love to graduate as a decent writer and be able to make a living out of it, but somehow, I think this is unlikely. More realistically, I'll be satisfied with developing my creative side and whatever potential I have in that area. If I get the UAI, I'm going to back up my Bachelor of Creative Arts with a B Law, which they offer in a combined degree.

But yeah, writing is my passion. I'm going to keep doing it regardless of whether I get a degree in it or not :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Wow! That sounds like a really cool idea gorgo - I thought Mac & UOW were the only ones to offer that. Good luck into getting into UMELB combined law and good luck with writing in the future, I'll be looking out for a gorgo31 play at theatres soon;)

gorgo31

HSC
kami said:
Wow! That sounds like a really cool idea gorgo - I thought Mac & UOW were the only ones to offer that. Good luck into getting into UMELB combined law and good luck with writing in the future, I'll be looking out for a gorgo31 play at theatres soon;)
If only! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)