Will you use an Apple computer? (1 Viewer)

Well?

• I own a Mac

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I want to buy one

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I don't plan to buy one

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I've noticed the number of Mac aficionados around me increase lately, especially with the girls.

I wonder how many people are using one or are planning to purchase one?

nwatts

HSC
i've got a macbook. aside from the hdd failure of a week back, it's great. mac os x seems to gel with how i think better than windows ever did.

gtvwill

HSC
HELL NO! mac's are shite and ill back it up with evidence if i must. All mac users whom run the argument that mac is so much easier than a pc to work with can gtfo you must have an iq of a 3 year old.

The mac vs PC debate is always happening. I feel the inner urge to flame right now but i wont.

gtvwill

HSC
nwatts said:
hmm that was insightful and intelligent.

next please
Do you want me to explain myself further?
A common claim used by macbook users is that our stuff is smaller and better quality and to get a laptop like that for the same price is impossible for a non-mac laptop.

Here we have a $1999 macbook (US) And Here we have a pentium laptop with basically the same specs and is i think cheaper. Now this laptop is also the same dimensions as the macbook if not its extremely close

5-inch MacBook Pro

* Height: 1.0 inch (2.59 cm)
* Width: 14.1 inches (35.7 cm)
* Depth: 9.6 inches (24.3 cm)
* Weight: 5.6 pounds (2.54 kg) with battery and optical drive installed

The laptop in the link
*354mm(W) X 284mm(D) X 35.2mm(H), Weight:2.85kg (include the Battery & optical drive)

the laptops only a 1cm thicker than your macbook. only 300g heavier and the 4cm difference in depth is because its not widescreen, your actually getting a bigger screen than the macbooks.

Next, macs are not superior for photography or graphical design, PC's do just as fine at that. PC's are better for gaming which is obvious due to MS owning DX and DX being the basis of most games now days so unless a game is written in open GL ur gonna be waitin a long time for t3h mac version.

Insightful enough for you? I can continue if u wish.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
I own a Powerbook and an Airport express, and I don't know y windoes people hate it so much

[edited due to profanity]

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
yeah keep going. you're quickly making yourself look like a wanker. wouldn't harm to just make sure the rest of the world knows.

gtvwill

HSC
AppleXY said:
I own a PowerBook and an Airport Express, Windows are pathetic and stupid, all they can do is "awww macs r shit, aww macs cant do anything, aww macs umm are really bad coz i dunno i'm a ***k dumb ****k" well guess wot windows mother*****s, u can go to hell!!

soz for the explict language, i just hate wen people bag macs I feel like to a dell a smack over there heads LOL
Your grasp of the english language is amazing. Seriously read my post above i state reasons why macs are not as great as people talk them up to be. Oh and macs are the inferior gaming product and im yet to find anything a pc cant do that a mac can.

On a lighter note anyone who guesses what song or rapper this is from gets a e-cookie.

Its 1986 I'm in the 1st grade,
I'm workin really hard to get Mario laid.
I got to save the princess so he could get the pussy,
believe me Mario will get that ass, so fuck Luigi.
Mario really wants to get her in bed,
so bad that he's bustin' up bricks with his head.
He just wants sex,so forget the wedding bells,
jumping on mushrooms,led,and turtle shells.

gtvwill

HSC
nwatts said:
err.. run mac osx?
Funny thing i actually considered typing in "except for osx/mac written programs" But i thought people here would be intelligent enough to not try this. Of course a PC cant run osx...why would you want to? i mean if you like changing colours as customization of your desktop then go ahead use OS X but it really doesnt have any benefit over windows.

What is ment when i state 'im yet to find anyting a pc cant do that a mac can' i ment in terms of what the actual output of the program was. IE photoshopping, video editing.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
oh yea

- i Package
- Xfactor
- TI Program Builder
- Safari
- Boot Camp
- Universal Binaries
- Xcode
- Faster Pipeline Stages
- Toast Titatium
- Dashboard
- Spotlight
- Mac OS inbuilt grapher

And let me think of more..

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I would never buy one unless I could run windows on it which kinds of defeats the point. Mainly because I am already familiar with Windows and because a lot of things can't run on a Mac.

I don't see any benefit in using a Mac.

nwatts

HSC
that's the entire point. an intel apple machine can run windows aswell as mac osx. PCs cannot run mac osx.

you cannot argue the point that mac osx has no benefit over windows because they're two separate platforms. i run a mac because i prefer how osx works. the way it handles applications and files seems far more in line with how i naturally think. on top of that, it has consistantly been a lot more stable than any windows machine i've run (to date, 5). why wouldn't i opt for a mac?

so shut up. it's a case of personal preference. as soon as adobe gets themselves together and releases their programs optimised for intel processors, macs will be the clear winner in terms of imaging anyway.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The only benefit of a Mac is that it gives people a reason to be more up themselves than they would otherwise be because everyone who has a Mac considers themselves awesome because of it.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
[edited due to flaming]

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
gtvwill said:
HELL NO! mac's are shite and ill back it up with evidence if i must. All mac users whom run the argument that mac is so much easier than a pc to work with can gtfo you must have an iq of a 3 year old.

The mac vs PC debate is always happening. I feel the inner urge to flame right now but i wont.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
before you try and spin an argument, how about learning correct grammar?
it's the least you can do.

i own a mac - i've only ever used macs. i quite like them

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
wow, i think i should cool it.. :p lol... i think in this thread, in my speculation, is gonna be a massive flame war.. ouch! :p

gtvwill

HSC
nwatts said:
you cannot argue the point that mac osx has no benefit over windows because they're two separate platforms.
You may not be able to argue that for mac but you sure can for windows :) We have more programs to choose from to fix any of their needs.

When you mentioned you mac has been more stable that your windows that is due to user error IMO I use macs day in day out at school. My PC is just fine when it comes to stability. The macs at school however....if you are able to even log in then your lucky. Also dont try say its user error in my case of useing macs which stuff up. Isnt one of a macs selling points its ease to use? because they arent stable. I have had numerous accounts of programs closing by themselves unexplained errors, shutdowns, COPIOUS amounts of freezing and the in ability for them to run multiple programs without freezing. I have used both top range powerbooks and i think its a G5 workstation or some shit is the other one i use. Its a huge tower for video editing...my school has two, they still freeze tho.

gtvwill

HSC
AppleXY said:
wow, i think i should cool it.. :p lol... i think in this thread, in my speculation, is gonna be a massive flame war.. ouch! :p
Too late, we have unleashed the beast of mac vs pc flaming :| seriously all mac vs pc threads or anything to do with do you like macs or pc's better end up flame wars. We should look at what we're becoming

*has a deep and meaningful look at who he has become just like those cliche moments in movies....begins to cry*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)