Wimbledon and lead up tournaments thread (1 Viewer)

mat2154

HSC
discuss all things tennis here. Does hewitt have any chance of winning another wimbledon, or will he crash out first round again, after losing to French youngster [SIZE=-1]Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the first rond of queens. will amelie be able to defend her title against the up and coming stars of chakvetadze, vaidosova and ivanovic? [/SIZE]

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
first of all, no we won't discuss ALL tennis issues here, we have a tennis thread but it has now gone dead, but we already have one nonetheless. revive that if you want.

secondly, as you can see the queen's club tournament has had too many upsets to be taken seriously. hewitt, roddick, nalbandian, djorkovic etc are all out, and they are all wimbledon title contenders.

women tennis is now dominated by russian girls, especially on grass and hardcourts, watch sharapova go all the way, but don't bet your house on it, because shit happens.

mat2154

HSC
the tennis thread died after the australian open, its like on the 3rd page. anyway, i find it annnoying when people revive threads that have been dead for months so i thought it would be easier just to start a new thread. if we had working mods than this stuff wouldn't be an issue.

when i said "ALL" i meant all things leading up to the tournaments.

anyway on issues of tennis i agree with you on this:
secondly, as you can see the queen's club tournament has had too many upsets to be taken seriously.
some noname, Nicolas Mahut, made the final of queens

Last edited:

snowballschance

HSC
Well, although Queen's was a joke, with so many upsets, I'm hoping that Nottingham will be better, and that Gasquet can win it for the third year straight (the final's on my birthday! :) )

He really needs to get some form up going into Wimbledon after losing to the 304th ranked player in the world at Halle last week. What a disaster!. My hope for him is that he can make it to the second week at Wimbledon; or at the very least, I wanna see him verse Federer, whatever round that is.

I didn't get to see the Queen's final, to see what kind of form Roddick is in; he seems really keen to win Wimbledon this year, but he didn't have a lot of competition last week, and he struggled against Mahut. Anyway, it's not like anyone's gonna challenge Feds, but it'll be nice to see if anyone can make it interesting.

mat2154

HSC
can't wait until henman vs moya gets back underway tonight! 5-5 in the 5th set, hope henman gets a win, he's been pretty unlucky over the past few years (eg federer 2nd round at wimbledon last year)

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Wtf? Your introductory post for a wimbledon thread made no mention of last year's mens singles finalists? You know nothing.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
how smooth was Federer in his white and gold embroidered suit lol.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Anonymou5 said:
Wtf? Your introductory post for a wimbledon thread made no mention of last year's mens singles finalists? You know nothing.
dude man, that's a pretty harsh call.

your first post hasn't mentioned anything, about anything, you're the one who knows nothing.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
henman and moya are both old but henman is british so moya will win

mat2154

HSC
Anonymou5 said:
it was rafa nadal and federer. why do i have to put anything on who is in last years wimbledon final in my introductory post, this thread is about this years wimbledon. does your post reveal anything about your knowledge of tennis? i'm not trying to flame, but if you have such a great knowledge of tennis why don't you post some of your indepth insight into the game?

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
it was rafa nadal and federer. why do i have to put anything on who is in last years wimbledon final in my introductory post, this thread is about this years wimbledon. does your post reveal anything about your knowledge of tennis? i'm not trying to flame, but if you have such a great knowledge of tennis why don't you post some of your indepth insight into the game?
Of course you had no obligation to mention last year's finalists in your first post but you did mention a number of players (including last year's women's champ) and their chances. That in itself gives the impression that you're giving an overview of the main contenders for the title. Clearly, last year's finalists Federer and Nadal are amongst the group of players who are most likely to win the title. Nevermind the fact that these two players have accounted for the last 9 grand slams - on current form they're still the players to beat. The fact that Federer and Nadal were last year's finalists doesn't mean that they're irrelevant to this year's Wimbledon.

Perhaps my comment was harsh, don't take it personally because there was no ill intent behind it.

wuddie said:
secondly, as you can see the queen's club tournament has had too many upsets to be taken seriously. hewitt, roddick, nalbandian, djorkovic etc are all out, and they are all wimbledon title contenders.
Uh...Roddick won the queen's club tournament?

I never claimed to know anything so your comment was a stupid reaction.

Last edited:

mat2154

HSC
Anonymou5 said:
Of course you had no obligation to mention last year's finalists in your first post but you did mention a number of players (including last year's women's champ) and their chances. That in itself gives the impression that you're giving an overview of the main contenders for the title. Clearly, last year's finalists Federer and Nadal are amongst the group of players who are most likely to win the title. Nevermind the fact that these two players have accounted for the last 9 grand slams - on current form they're still the players to beat. The fact that Federer and Nadal were last year's finalists doesn't mean that they're irrelevant to this year's Wimbledon.

Perhaps my comment was harsh, don't take it personally because there was no ill intent behind it.
yeah thats fine, i don't mind criticism, its just unsubstantiated criticism that i dislike, now you've given your point of view i understand where you are coming from, everyone's entitled to their opinion. i didn't post federer and nadal cause it gets pretty boring and repetitive when the discussion is always about the same two people, the introductory topics i gave just came to the top of my head and i put them down.

On issues of tennis it was a great game between henman and moya with henman winning 13-11 in the final set. with no murray, he is the brits only hope

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wayne arthurs, what a freaken champion, could have easily won it in 3 sets, kept his composure and came back to win it in 5. bloody legend.

mat2154

HSC
he is a true legend, never hesitated to represent australia in davis cup (unlike others), unlucky in the aus open, hopefully wayne can get the send off he deserves!!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
again, another legendary performance against the 11th seed robredo, taken him out in 3 sets, wayno all the way.

guccione has given a real fight for davydenko as well, a 5 setter which he sooo could have easily won it in the 3rd, but came up just short. easy win for hewitt as well.

i reckon the aussies do better at wimbledon than the aust open, we should swap the tournaments around.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
again, another legendary performance against the 11th seed robredo, taken him out in 3 sets, wayno all the way.

guccione has given a real fight for davydenko as well, a 5 setter which he sooo could have easily won it in the 3rd, but came up just short. easy win for hewitt as well.

i reckon the aussies do better at wimbledon than the aust open, we should swap the tournaments around.
I *heart* Justine Henin. I hope all the Australians get knocked out ASAP, so they can stop showing Australian players and show more Justine Henin.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
I *heart* Justine Henin. I hope all the Australians get knocked out ASAP, so they can stop showing Australian players and show more Justine Henin.
Traitor

stariiskiez

HSC
what971 said:
I love ju too! I hope she win :)

How fustrating are the rain delays!!!:mad1:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah sharapova got owned
i hope the williams sisters dont win wimbledon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)