Wind in the willows - HSC Stimulus booklet (1 Viewer)

El Pueblo Unido

HSC
I was wondering if any of you guys can answer my questions. I struggle a lot on
explaining this text. So my question would be is there any inner journey mentioned in the text? As far as I'm concerned, the only journey depicted in the text is imaginative journey by Toad. Secondly, the text only discusses about the feelings / thoughts about journey, not about the journey itself.

Thanks in advance. :)

MarsBarz

HSC
El Pueblo Unido said:
I was wondering if any of you guys can answer my questions. I struggle a lot on
explaining this text. So my question would be is there any inner journey mentioned in the text? As far as I'm concerned, the only journey depicted in the text is imaginative journey by Toad. Secondly, the text only discusses about the feelings / thoughts about journey, not about the journey itself.

Thanks in advance. :)
I'm doing this text too. In my essay I talk about the imaginative journey as each of the characters respond to the prospect of a physical journey.
Since it's not very easy to talk about the journey in this particular text I mention lots of techniques. I describe the characters reactions to the proposal and attempt to stereotype those reactions.
Finally I mention two ideas/representations of journeys presented in this piece of writting:
- the life long fascination with the way of life with which we are unacquainted (Toad)
- insecuritie brought upon by change and a reluctance to leave routine (Rat)

Hope that helped you a bit. Remember to talk about techniques, as there are plenty of them in Wind in the Willows.

samhunt88

HSC
hey guys, what u wrote helped me a little but could i please get more help with the imaginative journey in the wind in the willows? it would be really helpful!

thanks in advance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)