• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Windows Mouse Optical (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
sladehk said:
did you check the bottom of the mouse?
What do u mean check the bottom of the mouse, what should i be looking for

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
sunny said:
An important question was unanswered....have you tried using the mouse in a different USB port? In another computer's USB port?

If it didn't work in either, in all likelihood you have a dead mouse.
Yeah i have tried using different ports, but the mouse works sometimes like now, but other times it dont

equiski

HSC
Korn said:
What do u mean check the bottom of the mouse, what should i be looking for
Something that might obstruct the optics, like a 2 dollar coin or small marsupial.

Although, I'm inclined to say your mouse is slowly making it's way to peripheral heaven. You should buy a new mouse, you can get a decent brand one for 10- 20 dollars if you shop around. Try and get one with a ps2 plug or USB--> ps2 adapter, they are alot less problematic that way.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
equiski said:
Something that might obstruct the optics, like a 2 dollar coin or small marsupial.

Although, I'm inclined to say your mouse is slowly making it's way to peripheral heaven. You should buy a new mouse, you can get a decent brand one for 10- 20 dollars if you shop around. Try and get one with a ps2 plug or USB--> ps2 adapter, they are alot less problematic that way.
My mouse does have an adaptor but the adaptor is in a box somewhere

equiski

HSC
Korn said:
My mouse does have an adaptor but the adaptor is in a box somewhere
Try finding it, it should avoid the problem with the hardware being detected and re-detected constantly. It won't fix the problem if the mouse is dying though.

Edit: I'm very happy with my Microsoft optical mouse, its rather comfortable and was only like 30. Its probably cheaper now though. Logitech make some awesome mice too.

Last edited:

WangzoR

HSC
N/A
it could be your usb slots, your mouse usb connector and/or your mouse in general,
to be honest.........i think you should throw yopur mouse out, and get a Logitech MX 510.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
Logitech make good mice, I've got a microsoft one - but I got it for free. The other mice we have are Logitech, ones cordless but dosnt work - we dont know why, but thats the only time ive found a Logitech mouse not to work. If your into gaming, they put out some awesome gaming mice!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
JimmyK said:
Logitech make good mice, I've got a microsoft one - but I got it for free. The other mice we have are Logitech, ones cordless but dosnt work - we dont know why, but thats the only time ive found a Logitech mouse not to work. If your into gaming, they put out some awesome gaming mice!
Im looking for a relatively cheap mouse, logitech sound good, dont want a cordless mouse, cause then you have the hassle of batteries to worry about, any model suggestions

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Suggestions:

Logitech cordless duo (or just the cordless mouse);

The cordless mouse comes with a dock to recharge it in, so there's no need to worry about finding new batteries for it. And the batteries in the keyboard last for months.

Logitech Optical Mouse;

However, if you really don't want cordless, then get a Logitech optical mouse. Smooth, optical use all the way :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)