Winter Fashion 2007! (1 Viewer)

*hopeful*

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
it depends. i reckon the taller u are the longer you can go. i'm a shortass so mid-thigh is as far as i would push it.
Yeah im with ^, i'd look funny in 3/4 unless i was wearing heels

tulipa, do those shoes have a name ? or something i can use to find them, im about to become obsessed

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
There are fake ones of those Chloe shoes at Zola Collection, I saw them in a magazine today. They're about $200 I think, as opposed to approx $1500 at Chloe.

They're super-cute, though.

I have a problem though, I want to get new boots but I'm not sure what type.
The ones Tulipa posted are cute but I don't have the leg length to pull them off properly. There are stacked heel ones, but I already have fake Chloe Pirates (don't tell Always) and there are flat ones in store but I already have some of those. I have white gogo boots too and vintage patchworky ones as well.

Has anyone seen any interesting, new styles that I don't already have that arent ankle boots (I already have 2 pairs anyway, unflattering as they are)?

My budget is probably about $300.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Can anyone recommend some extremely COMFY shoes?? I've paid the price by living in havaianas for the last .. uh, ever since Spring started (give or take a few hours in heels once a fortnight or so), and anything else kills my feet. Even my once-comfy RMK pointies gave me huge blisters when i wore them for an hour the other day :(

Flats are preferable cos I'll be walking around a lot... (teaching prac started last week!) oh, and I'm also broke. *cries*

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
bubz :D said:
Can anyone recommend some extremely COMFY shoes?? I've paid the price by living in havaianas for the last .. uh, ever since Spring started (give or take a few hours in heels once a fortnight or so), and anything else kills my feet. Even my once-comfy RMK pointies gave me huge blisters when i wore them for an hour the other day :(

Flats are preferable cos I'll be walking around a lot... (teaching prac started last week!) oh, and I'm also broke. *cries*
i have beautiful flats that i bought from wanted last year. i posted a photo of them in some random thread. They are made by glamour puss and cost me $80, but they are the most comfortable shoes ever. The best thing is that they are stylish red points so they dress up anything too. i'll dig up a photo if i can find one..

oh! here we are

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Those are so cute! In 2005 I got a pair of Glamour Puss kitten heels for $30 (down from $120).. and yes, I agree with their comfyness. I saw a pair of metallic pointy flats at Wanted last year for $40 and I'm kicking myself for not buying them :(

karoooh

HSC
*hopeful* said:
Yeah im with ^, i'd look funny in 3/4 unless i was wearing heels

tulipa, do those shoes have a name ? or something i can use to find them, im about to become obsessed
They're the LV red Balmorals. I think that's the one I bought last year; in the pic! <3

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i really love balloon sleeves but i could never wear them :( i feel silly in anything without really fitted sleeves.

ps. i got my beret today :)
photos to come later

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
it would look awesome with boots. i really need some new ones. i want ankle boots i just dont have any money to buy anything.

its bright red and wool and only cost me $15!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
nah there's this gem of a shop in thirroul that sells retro clothing. like an opshop but they have one of a kind items. its realtively cheap too. there was an 80s denim jag vest for $8 but it was just a little big around the sides :(

thebeardedlady

HSC
chelsea girl said:
the trick is you have to have a pretty small head and an especially minute forehead, then hats can never go wrong! so even though my head looks slightly mong-like sans hat, it looks great with one on. :cool:
That's true.

But honestly.

How many tiny headed people have you seen, that aren't generally tiny?

It's a general rule of thumb, that unless you know you look absolutely flawless in a beret, stay far, far away from them.

Unless you have something that makes you better then patty hearst (something along the lines of Money, a Gun, and a relationship with the Queen... or magic powers... or you're french.)

nwatts

HSC
your general rule of thumb is shit.
pre pubescent boys should not be giving fashion advice.
so shut up.

thebeardedlady

HSC
"pre pubescent boys" have as much right to give fashion advice as people living in greater bulli.
Probably more.
So lose the holier then thou attitude, take your own advice, and shut up.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
thebeardedlady said:
That's true.

But honestly.

How many tiny headed people have you seen, that aren't generally tiny?

It's a general rule of thumb, that unless you know you look absolutely flawless in a beret, stay far, far away from them.

Unless you have something that makes you better then patty hearst (something along the lines of Money, a Gun, and a relationship with the Queen... or magic powers... or you're french.)
i do look flawless in a beret.

and i AM french.

so screw you.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
bubz :D said:

dear god, i'm like your twin right now bubz! living in my hav's since god knows when and now they die when they go anywhere near any sort of closed shoe except for my joggers (which're shit and i like never wear anyway).

i spent SO long in williams last thurs trying to find any sort of flats/kitten heels that either didnt give me blisters everywhere the second i put them on or wouldnt massively slip when i tried to walk in them.
i went back after dinner and bought this MEGAly sexy pair of black open-toe kitten heels. they're THE sexiest shoes i've ever seen! $80, i cant walk 100% perfectly in them yet..but still totally worth it.

i've still gotta find a pair of flats or something that i can wear just around the place (and i've got my childcare pracs coming up soon..cant stand the look i currently have on prac - tshirt, shorts & joggers..so bad)

ps. lauren: what shop?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
for my shoes? wanted in wollongong. seriously, i would buy glamour puss shoes again without hesitation. they are the most comfortable shoes i own.

for my beret? scrags in thirroul.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i think that this winter, in terms of colour, there will be lots of metallics and greys around.

also lots of industrial, heavy, metal jewellery - and huge, garish stones on rings, shoes, earrings, pendants, etc.

aaaaaaaand cable knit, especially little hats and beanies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)