Wireless Access Points? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I have a wired modem router which connects to TPG internet, but now I want a wireless network around my house. Would it be cheaper to buy a wireless Access Point for my wired router OR buy a cheap wireless router and change it to make it a wireless access point and go from there? Or are these options simply impossible? I absolutely have no clue.

And if it is possible to make a wireless router an Access point, how would I do it?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Lol fags, the only problem I had setting up my wireless router was with the wired part and having it feed the DHCP through to my desktop properly.

Aeriff

HSC
Lol fags, the only problem I had setting up my wireless router was with the wired part and having it feed the DHCP through to my desktop properly.
she obviously would have no clue on how to disable dhcp, setup bridging etc. so no point in even explaining when a wireless access point will do exactly what she wants with minimal fuss. you don't have to be such a pompous asshat all the time.

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
I just bought myself a wireless router =\ seemed easy to me, just followed the instructions and away I went with my wireless :L

I'm with TPG too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)