wireless networking (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
okay i set up a router off my neighbours broadband but i think its coming up with two networks for some reason..."101" and "NETGEAR"...although NETGEAR is on all the time I can only connect to 101 if NETGEAR is on

and the thing is I don't remember ever having set up two separately....is this a problem? one of them is secure while the other is not

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I think you have two separate networks - one which is yours, and another which your computer is detecting. When you sent up your network, did you make it secure (i.e. set up a password) or non-secure? More than that I can't really say.

I_F

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I have this same problem.. if you have a PC then we have the same problem. But you can use it to your advantage. Because you arent running off your own router, rather your neigbours YOU cant secure it. But they can and then they can give you the password. Its not really a problm, you'll probably find that the netgear signal is weaker than the other signal.

But I leave the netgear one on and connect to my neigbours router, it helps to if you suddenly get a glitch and it cuts out for a monent, you still have the netgear one to back it up for a quick second. Its nto really a problem, but I sggest securing it unless you want you other neighbours using it.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
rofl my neighboue disconnected the router i bought and i can still access the net...yay for freeloading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)