Wise to start studying HSC bit by bit in parallel with Prelim to get ahead? (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No, not really. I don't see the point.

You may give yourself a false sense of confidence after covering a subject before learning it from a teacher qualified to teach. This can be quite dangerous.

Just go at the same pace as everyone else.

gleeek

HSC
No, not really. I don't see the point.

You may give yourself a false sense of confidence after covering a subject before learning it from a teacher qualified to teach. This can be quite dangerous.

Just go at the same pace as everyone else.
Truuuue dat. Good point.

Coookies

HSC
You'd forget everything anyways. Plus some concepts need prelim work to be understood first

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's too early to start the HSC stuff for any gain atm. You need to be towards the end of prelim to start looking ahead at the HSC.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I see no harm in having some advanced 'peek' provided you are keeping up with all your Prelim work. If you can self-study and can understand the HSC stuff yourself, I don't see why not. That's how some people gain a lead. That's what I would have done.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I see no harm in having some advanced 'peek' provided you are keeping up with all your Prelim work. If you can self-study and can understand the HSC stuff yourself, I don't see why not. That's how some people gain a lead. That's what I would have done.
I agree with Drongoski. If you can keep up with it, there's no harm in starting early.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Only if you are solid with Preliminary content. If you rush too much you will have gaps in your knowledge and its quite hard to catch up during the HSC.

HSC
Our half-yearlies start next term, however i have like 100 assignments and tests (not half yearlies) all going to my report like 20-30% these 2 coming weeks.

SunnyScience

HSC
If you have time to learn the hsc now, you're not working hard enough in prelims :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
One of my students is studying HSC and Prelim at the same time (nearly finished the Year 12 3U course).

Indeed, no harm if you can keep up with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)