• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wish I was Here (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan A

HSC
GTR said:
I find it hard to believe that someone from UTS would want to transfer to UWS. It is usually the other way around, and there are good reasons for it. Anyone who tells you that UWS rocks and is better than UTS are kidding themselves. I recommend that you do not transfer to UWS. You will regret it.

Don;t listen to him, sadly he is wrong. UTS is a good uni, I will not deny it, but UWS is not something one would regret. many people want to transfer to UWS and have done so. I would say making a happy decision.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
GTR, you should just STFU.
No one is saying UWS is better than UTS. UWS might just facilitate to aliciat's needs more so than UTS.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
GTR said:
I find it hard to believe that someone from UTS would want to transfer to UWS. It is usually the other way around, and there are good reasons for it. Anyone who tells you that UWS rocks and is better than UTS are kidding themselves. I recommend that you do not transfer to UWS. You will regret it.
You probably don't do the same course as aliciat, and you don't know her either so therefore, you won't understand her choices of wanting to tranfser to UWS. People like you might choice university reputations over what course you want to do. aliciat's second choice was always UWS and she was just fortunate enough to get into her first prefence. And now she realised her course really isn't for her. Noone has told her UWS is better than UTS. She could have decided to tranfser to Business in UTS, but she chose not to. This is because UWS just perceives to have a better and FRIENDLY atmosphere. So don't say shit like "You will regret it". You have no right, no prove and no adequate reasons to say anything about UWS.

Last edited:

aliciat

HSC
GTR said:
Actually if you look around there are a fair few who have transferred from other Universities to UWS and from what I have seen, they do not regret their decision.

I realise that transferring is a very important decision and I have and will continue to put a lot of thought into it before I set anything in cement.

And no one has told me UWS is better then UTS.

Like how everyone else has said; it might just facilitate what I want to do, more so then UTS.

Things differ for different people.

L

LaraB

aliciat said:
Yeah, I was leaning towards Human Resources or Marketing.

Not many hours is always a plus. lol I only do about 12 in my course now.

Thanks for the info, I'll definately check it out!
yeah - i think if you do a straight HR or other business course its um...3 hrs per unit so 12 hrs..

but if u combine it with something like law that has 2x2hr seminars instead of the lecture tute format, its a bit longer - i mean, its onyl 2 hrs but coz of timetabling it could mean ur actually at uni for 4+ hrs more per week

but yeah - check it out coz its a really interesting course:)

L

LaraB

GTR said:
haha well i think our lecturers would have something to say about that - from what ive heard a large number, if not the majority of our lecturers are ex unsw/usyd/uts or o/seas uni students..... so obviously, there must be something good about the uni if they'd rather come and teach here:)

L

LaraB

natstar said:
Yeah agreed. Half my lectures are from other uni's. My marketing comm lecture actually teaches at UWS and UNSW. My Advertising lecture pioneered a course a CSU, and now is at UWS
yeah and i reckon that's partly what makes it good coz they all have totally different experiences - one of my fav. lecturers is my Workplace Behaviour lecturer - she's born in Jamaica, lived in Canada when she was a kid, schooled in LA, and then out here after that so it makes for a more interesting lecture :)

L

LaraB

natstar said:
I like it how most lectures too, have industry expereince. My hospitality/tourism lecture started up his own tourism business, my marketing comm lecturer has been one of the marketing managers for coke, my advertising lectures has worked for one of australia's leading advertising agencies, my marketing research tutor went to MIT and teaches at UWS, UTS and MAC.
yeah it seems like most the lecturers are like that...most the law lecturers either were or are legal practioners, n my business lecturers n tutors have all worked in stuf like OH&S or ER work or consultation stuff for major companies - good in giving you an idea of where you'll end up after uni 2:)

debugz

HSC
Far out guys - just read the last page of this thread, and its the same in every thread like this... one person (GTR for example) explains how he sees it, and experiences a big back lash from the rest of you lot.. what he said is how he feels, and how a lot of other people feel... however he was not insulting uws... just callin it as it is... which... isnt a forum where you can express your opinion? stupid responses that add nothing to the conversation just ticks me off :eek: i really suggest that you use these forums for much more productive work, that having the same ego battles about the class of uni you go to... when some of you get older, perhaps you will realise that its not what people assume of you, but how you proove yourself.

so stop being so defensive and thinking the world is out to get you... geezh..

</rant>

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
debugz. This forum STARTED as something productive, with aliciat asking for advise about Business at UWS. Hence why she posted this thread in the UWS section, so she can get some opinion from UWS people.

L

LaraB

GTR said:
im assuming you aren't a uws student if you're so willing to bag the uni without anything to back it up..

if this is the case and u arne't a uws student, why are you posting in a uws forum? the purpose is to give people informed advice and unless you are a uws student, i dont think you are in a positino to make such comments

L

LaraB

debugz said:
Far out guys - just read the last page of this thread, and its the same in every thread like this... one person (GTR for example) explains how he sees it, and experiences a big back lash from the rest of you lot.. what he said is how he feels, and how a lot of other people feel... however he was not insulting uws... just callin it as it is... which... isnt a forum where you can express your opinion? stupid responses that add nothing to the conversation just ticks me off :eek: i really suggest that you use these forums for much more productive work, that having the same ego battles about the class of uni you go to... when some of you get older, perhaps you will realise that its not what people assume of you, but how you proove yourself.

so stop being so defensive and thinking the world is out to get you... geezh..

</rant>
no one said that the world is out to get us and i seriously doubt anyone at uws thinks this way....

the reason why comments like GTR's comment get angry/annoyed comments back is because, yeh he's explaining it how he sees it - howvere, how he sees it is an uninformed totally one sided unevidenced comment which is doing nothing to help out the people who have asked questions.....

we're doing exactly what you say GTR is doing - we're telling it how we see it, and it just so happens that as students at the uni we're in a pretty good position to i nform others as to how the uni functions, and given this is a uws forum page - how do you gather you have a right to criticise us for talking about the good points about our uni?!

as far as telling us to stop have ego battle and do something productive - we are being productive in our comments, we are giving advice to others who ask and (ideally) talking to other uws students or people interested in the uni - unlike people such as GTR who feel a need to make random comments which are no help to the people who have asked the initial questions. We are not engaging in an ego battle, all we are doing is saying why comments like GTR's are wrong - this doesnt mean we are out to prove how good our uni is, it means we are simply refuting an ignorant and wrong statement

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
debugz said:
/me blinks... did u read what i said?
Maybe not so much with thought.. I do that a lot. I guess that whole "use this as a productive thing" was aimed at non-UWS? Yep. Ignore me, I lack sleep

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
debugz said:
Far out guys - just read the last page of this thread, and its the same in every thread like this... one person (GTR for example) explains how he sees it, and experiences a big back lash from the rest of you lot.. what he said is how he feels, and how a lot of other people feel... however he was not insulting uws... just callin it as it is... which... isnt a forum where you can express your opinion? stupid responses that add nothing to the conversation just ticks me off :eek:
everyone IS entitled to their opinion, and so are we - actual UWS students. if people want to say negative things about UWS, we have every right to respond to it. you're contradicting yourself.. saying, "isn't a forum where you can express your opinion".. well um, that's we're doing, it just happens to be opposite of GTR's (and he did post in a UWS forum, so wtf else is he/she gonna expect ?)

debugz

HSC
well I, being an acutal UWS student - am making direct comment to the 'STFU' lines given in reply by some users. Not all criticism is bad, so to those people who have shown their extreme sensitivity, should settle and stop being so short sighted

Edit* larab: you should not target outsiders opinions and treat them differently from your fellow uws'ians. you seem to notice non-uws'ers neg and unproductive comments, and skim over the many by uws'ers on these pages ;)

i just dont see why there is a division, where you all take sides and the 'enemy' has to behave, unlike your own side :eek:

Last edited:

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol well i use STFU along with 1000 other people cos it gets so tiresome and annoying when clearly, those who post negative shit in a UWS forum is just wasting their time when all they're gonna get is backlash. seriously, they shouldn't even bother. it'd be the same in any of the other uni forums.

L

LaraB

debugz said:
well I, being an acutal UWS student - am making direct comment to the 'STFU' lines given in reply by some users. Not all criticism is bad, so to those people who have shown their extreme sensitivity, should settle and stop being so short sighted

Edit* larab: you should not target outsiders opinions and treat them differently from your fellow uws'ians. you seem to notice non-uws'ers neg and unproductive comments, and skim over the many by uws'ers on these pages ;)

i just dont see why there is a division, where you all take sides and the 'enemy' has to behave, unlike your own side :eek:
i disagree.... i do disagree with uws people too - as i have said before in another post/thread, cant remember where, i dont really know who's from which uni unless they have it in their sig so i have nfi who's from where - eg i asked Hero which uni he/she was from, altho i didnt recieve a reply...

i dont go out looking for non uws people to critcise - i simply comment on a post if i dont agree, i dont do it just to make em out to be morons compared to uws people or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)